Feature request (formulated in gherkin language)
- in order to make it easier to discover apps in f-droid
- as a registered forum.f-droid.org user with a certain reputation
- i want to a be able to assign tags to f-droid apps/packages via the web gui
- and a wiki page for every tag. where the tag can be edited.
Currently apps in the f-droid app store use a nearly fixed/static set of app categories where the app developer can choose to which category an app belongs to
Most apps are members of exactly one category.
Example: the category “multimedia” has over 200 apps and there is currently no category for photo, music, video.
To invent a new category you have to edit all app description files that should get the new tag.
I would prefer to have a web gui where logged in forum.f-droid.org user can dynamically assign additional
tags/keywords to an app.
For every tags/keyword is a wiki page
- that describes the keyword
- may have links to other related tags/keywords
- list the apps (and their short description) that have this keyword.
- the app Simple-Gallery gets “multimedia” “photo”, “video”, “gallery”, “material-design”
- the app Camera-Roll gets “multimedia” “photo”, “video”, “gallery”, “material-design”, “exif-edit”
- the app A-Photo-Manager gets “multimedia” “photo”, “gallery”, “exif-edit”, “geographic-map”
If a web user clicks on “gallery” he gets a list of all apps taged with “gallery” and wiki text that links to related tags like “multimedia”, “photo”