@Coffee Thanks for taking the lead on this, I think it’ll be quite valuable. To get back on the topic that this started with, its a great idea to rework the docs and include documentation of roles within F-Droid. I think that Debian has some examples to follow there. I think it could make sense to have the concept of “Teams” in F-Droid, e.g.:
- fdroiddata team - manage new apps and updates, etc.
- sysadmin team - running infra like buildserver, ci runners, forum, mirrors, etc
- client team - work in Android client(s), Privileged Extension, etc
- tools team - fdroidserver, buildserver automation, etc.
- localization team - manage translation workflow, Weblate, interact with translators
And on a semi-related note, there is the open issue about creating a “consultants” page on the website to advertise our services for hire: