F-Droid doesn't ask for root permission

I installed F-Droid APK on rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), /e/OS (Android 7.1.2) and want to install privileged extension. As I understood F-Droid needs root permission to install that but it doesn’t ask for root permission.
What can I do to have privileged extension installed?

F-Droid doesn’t need root permission.

You need to have root permissions on the device in order to install that extension via TWRP or (my recommendation) via the Magisk module.

1 Like

Thank you, I understand. I found the zip file.
Am I right that the extension will be removed by a ROM update via TWRP install script?
I used NanoDroid installation on LineageOS for microG but it doesn’t work on /e/OS. NanoDroid provides an addon.d script to reinstall system apps after a ROM update.
Is there an addon.d script for the privileged extension or any other way to have it automatically reinstalled after a ROM update? (I don’t use Magisk)

Is there an addon.d script for the privileged extension or any other way to have it automatically reinstalled after a ROM update?

There is an addon.d script: app/src/main/scripts/80-fdroid.sh · master · F-Droid / privileged-extension · GitLab

1 Like

What you can do is systemize the app manually. You can install the systemize Magisk module and, on the terminal emulator, after su, write systemize. Then follow the instructions. The app to systemize (in priv-app) is F-droid priviledged extension.

1 Like

Thank you very much. After installing the ota zip I saw that it contains the addon.d script already. So it is enough to install the zip with TWRP and everything is fine :smile:

Thank you for this option. By now I don’t use Magisk because I had trouble with Xposed and there were problems with Magisk and NanoDroid for a while. So I feel better with addon-su from LineageOS and the ota zip for privileged extension. But for other users that come around here it may be helpful.

As long as it works for you, good. Saw some reports of troubles with TWRP, and my devices have used Magisk successfully, both this extension and microG. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.