Error: The privileged permissions have not been granted to the extension. Please create a bug report

Moto G5 plus
Fdroid 1.16.3
Android version 8.1.0
Magisk 25.2 + TWRP

I have tried getting the privileged extension to work (to get auto-updates) but to no avail. I get this error when I try updating any app in Fdroid with the privileged extension:

Error installing <app>

The privileged permissions have not been granted to the extension! Please create a bug report!

Things I have tried:

Nothing I do seems to work. I have disabled the modules via Magisk. In Fdroid I have an “app” that cannot be uninstalled or updated called “F-Droid Privileged Extension” (updated 15 months ago) version 0.2.13

I really don’t like installing apps one at a time. I also don’t understand how a Magisk module is different from an OTA update, or why neither one worked. How can I get the privileged extension to work?

ref Error installing <app> The privileged permissions have not been granted to the extension! Please create a bug report! (#2580) · Issues · F-Droid / Client · GitLab

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.