Doubts about Tracking anti-feature

I have doubts about Tracking anti-feature because it’s not clear for me in some cases like crash logs or analytics opt-in/opt-out with service such as Bugsnag.

• If the the log reports/analytic is disable by default and prop to the user to enable it, it’s an anti-feature?
  • If it’s enable by default but the user can disable from settings, it’s an anti-feature?

I think the Tracking anti-feature require more information about the opt-in/opt-out cases

No, it’s an informed choice, you want to help them? No? Mmmkay

Yes, most of people don’t roam to see each and every setting, also it might just start transmitting data before you get a chance to disable it.

Yes, most of people don’t roam to see each and every setting, also it might just start transmitting data before you get a chance to disable it.

if it’s enabled by default but prop or notify the user about it like We are collection error logs, [Disable]?

No, it’s an informed choice, you want to help them? No? Mmmkay

So for that case I think the documentation need more clarification, such as it’s not anti-feature if it’s opt-in

1 Like

That’s a NO then, if you can disable it at start.

Feel free to MR the website :slight_smile:

That’s a NO then, if you can disable it at start.

Yes, But I mean in that case is not a anti-feature coz it’s informing about that to the user, I think is just an anti-feature if the user not know about that and cannot deactivate it

yes, that’s why ask before, my English is not perfect but but I’ll send a MR, thanks

Not notified & enabled by default or can’t be disabled? Yes, anti-feature!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.