DivestOS: long term device support with enhanced privacy and security

It has a LineageOS build so the FAQ says, “if there is enough demand”: Faq - DivestOS Mobile

IDK if donations are demands, but they are motivators at least. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lets see what @SkewedZeppelin says

Hi @SkewedZeppelin
Any plans to support OnePlus 9 Pro? It’s in the official list of Lineage OS devices.
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonadep/

hey very good custom rom, hope redmi note 8 will be supported as well.

i see people might reference wikipedia to look for some custom roms like here:

maybe add your divest os into the wiki would be a great promotion.

cheers.

maybe add your divest os into the wiki would be a great promotion.

It has already been added twice and removed twice.
That is out of my hands until some large enough source gives it coverage.

1 Like

OnePlus 6 ‘A6003’ (enchilada)

Build: divested-18.1-20211228-dos-enchilada

OnePlus 6 ‘A6003’ (enchilada)
Unlock Method: Fastboot
Relockable: Yes, Tested 01.01.2022
Verified Boot: Yes

After flashing the avb_custom_key avb_pkmd.bin and ‘fastboot flashing lock’ the ‘enchilada’ boots with the bootloader relocked. Documenting photos for 24 hours via PM.

Wish continued good luck, a successful and especially healthy new year.

Xiaomi Poco F1 (beryllium)

Build: divested-18.1-20211212-dos-beryllium

After installing divested-18.1-20211212-dos-beryllium and divested-18.1-20211212-dos-beryllium-recovery as well as deleting the avb_custom_key and flashing the DivestOS avb_custom_key avb_pkmd.bin, booting, functionality, update support and the possibility to reset to factory defaults were checked. Everything okay.

Now the last step: fastboot flashing lock. No sooner said than done. The result is an elementary Brick.

beryllium_destoryed

Red triangle with white exclamation mark / ! \

The system has been destroyed

Press power button to shutdown

Fastboot can still be booted, but the system rejects all flashing attempts, because - the bootloader is locked again. fastboot flashing unlock does not work.

Try to use miunlock tool to unlock bootloader and check or Wait till what the dev of divest os say

If this doesn’t work u need to edl flash the stock rom as a last resort…

1 Like

Glad to hear enchilada locking works.
You will likely however have to restore your beryllium via EDL.
You are the first report I’ve seen of locking a newer Xiaomi device.

Thank you for testing @fossys.

MiFlash Tool Screenshot

MiFlash Tool does not work despite multiple attempts.

@fossys
Do try running the MiUnlock tool.
My readings show it should work if it was originally used to unlock in first place.

Tad, I’ve tried all the current options. Every attempt fails because of the locked bootloader.

MiUnlock Screenshot

MiUnlock cannot unlock because I cannot set up a Mi account in the Poco F1 under MIUI’s settin.

Not sure if any of these ideas will work but an EDL cable may work. Or could try MiFlash software to try and flash the full stock ROM back to the phone, then if that works you can unlock it once booted up.

It’s better for u to visit mi authorised service centre in your city for edl flash

@gentr
That frankly looks like malware.

1 Like

@x3e09, @ushilives, @gentr
@SkewedZeppelin
Thanks for your tips.

@gentr
The follow up video was interesting, showing how easy battery replacement can be on the Poco F1 - just screws, no glue.

@All
The video recommended by @gentr gives the impression that the repair is very easy. So, for safety’s sake, I installed the tool on a “neutral” second PC system. As a portable version, the tool does not make any registry entries in Windows, but the login requires access data that I do not have. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee for the repair, but the whole thing has to be transparent.

My current summary is: The loss of the “beryllium” hurts me, but it does not plunge me into a crisis. I was aware of the risk of a possible loss when flashing a custom ROM. Now I’ve just had bad luck. That won’t stop me from continuing.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have quite strange issue on my m8 and same on friends FP3. Accessing site seznam.cz doesn’t work in any browser regardless. Tried also disabling private DNS with no success. What could cause it? This is output from termux. Other phones/computers on my network resolve it correctly.

ping_seznam

I see it’s on https://divested.dev/hosts-domains but that’s totally legit site including many sub domains in the list, maybe apart ad*.seznam.cz can it be disabled/overridden somehow?

@mahdi1234

seznam and some others have been unblocked.
The list only intends to block ads/trackers/malware, please let me know of any other falsely blocked sites.
There is more information about this on the page:
https://divested.dev/index.php?page=dnsbl

Thanks, does it mean wait for the next build for given devices or lists can be somehow refreshed (not clear from the page how)?

PS - might be worth adding into troubleshooting when site doesn’t resolve checking those lists