Dev questions about metadata and dev-signed builds

I recently released my app on f-droid, and I just had a few questions regarding the build process:

• I decided to add my descriptions from the source repo, and following this guide, I used wikimedia style formatting. However, the rendered page treats it as plain text. The file has a txt extension like the example; is it supposed to be something else? Are we also required to add a ‘.’ at the end of the description like in the inline metadata description?
  • How are emails fetched from the source repo when not explicitly added in the meta data? I plan on using fastlane, but it doesn’t seem to have any fields for email.
  • For signing, f-droid mentions that only apk’s built by f-droid can be added in the official repo. If I supply the signatures and f-droid is able to verify the build, would that not be distributed to other users and be installable for those who already have a build signed by my key? I currently already distribute binaries through github releases, and ideally I’d like to have those users be able to update without reinstalling the app.

Known issue: support displaying basic HTML in app descriptions in App Details (#1000) · Issues · F-Droid / Client · GitLab / Not all markdown links are rendered (#1646) · Issues · F-Droid / Client · GitLab and see how to fix it here: make the URL clickable (!3932) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

IIRC they aren’t, specify them in the main fdroid metadata

See here: Reproducible Builds | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
And an example: Files · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.