Could you get someone to update the only secure & encrypted sms-app called: "Silence"?

The app “Silence” is the only encrypted sms-app in F-Droid. Said to have same encryption like “Signal”, for sms, but without need for signing up.
The app seems to be working and I’ve not noticed any bug yet. But, the latest version is said to be unstable & the app has not been updated since 2018 (Latest Version: 0.16.9-unstable (208) - Added on 2018-03-26).
I wonder if you could get someone to improve the app and try to make it 100% stable and bug-free?
I would also like that you delete the app permission “read phone status & identity”, if it’s possible? Or just modify the permission to block the app from being able to read the “device ID’s” even if it is nessecary that the app can read the phone number.

Could you check if there is someone/or a group with expertise in apps that could work on this project? Because a free encrypted sms-app that is stable is very important to the privacy of people.
The app is open-source witch means that others than the creators are able to modify and improve “Silence” to get 100% secure & stable.

1 Like

/duplicate https://forum.f-droid.org/t/silence-encrypted-sms-app-not-updated-since-march-2018/

Wait up: https://github.com/SilenceIM/Silence/issues/753#issuecomment-516117577

1 Like

By opening the link I get an 404 error…
The projekt including the issue tracker seems to be moved to Silence / Silence-Android · GitLab :

Yes, app already updated, pull to refresh.

1 Like

For the new updates, F-Droid should this time really not “upgrade” 0.15 users to the 0.16-unstable branch.

And will never do such a think…unless you have “unstable updates” toggled ON

Did this happen?

I read some reports from others in the past (previous update was over a year agoo), this is one of the apps I build myself from source because I want to make some modifications in it so it is improbable that I would install the unstable version by accident. I don’t know who made an error here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.