Could someone ad an app for learning hebrew in speech and writing?

Could someone ad an app for learning hebrew in speech and writing? Or if there is none: Could someone request that a such app can be created?

1 Like

Request? To whom do you want the request addressed? The mighty elders of the internet?

No I thought that there might be some forum for opensource creators with programming skills (I now nothing about programming), maybe somone could open a thread at sourceforage or github or something like that?

You want someone to do it for you? It’s either you or nobody.

Just as a side note, this is not how open-source works. If you see the necessity for an open-sourced Hebrew language app and there is none, then it is either you who starts coding or you use other software that is already available (e.g. Websites/closed-source apps). You can’t expect that someone voluntarily spends dozens or hundreds of hours just to code an app for you.

Regarding your intentions learning Hebrew. Buy a book or go to your local library and rent one or more. If you need an app for vocab-drill, etc; I recommend Anki If you don’t want to create the decks yourself here are some for Hebrew you can add to anki.

1 Like

okay, sorry for requesting this. I try using some closed code app instead, and maybe I test if Anki is useful for learning Hebrew to.

I think here’s the correct thread for this: What types of apps are you missing from the FOSS ecosystem?

1 Like

@tip F-Droid is mostly a volunteer effort, so there isn’t really people who work on requests like this, unfortunately. It doesn’t hurt to ask though. If you find a free software app that you think should be added, you can file a request here https://gitlab.com/fdroid/rfp/issues/new

What’s with the sarcasm? I’ve discovered that if I don’t know the answer to a question that it is wise to sit back and let perhaps a smarter person have a stab at it. Thankfully the question was answered in due time.

Thanks for the answer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.