CoronaVirus Tracking app

Corona Track is an android application which keeps users updated about the latest data of Coronavirus across the world and in their society at the same time. It captures data from multiple aggregators and gives latest statistics of every countries across the world.

Also indepth Indian data Including that at National, State and Even district level is updated live!
Most importantly it has the ability to check whether the user is within a containment zone and the current zone status of the user’s district(Red/Green /Orange etc). It also lets a user know the list of current containment zones in all major cities across the country.

1 Like

Cool story bro’…now what? Links to the open source code? Something?

4 Likes

Not for Indian but for the German tracking app the source could be find here.
https://github.com/corona-warn-app

Best regards

1 Like

Android Opensource?

As of 25-05-2020 the github repository Corona-Warn-App · GitHub only has non-android- serverside opensource code.

The spec what a client app has to implement states that the code that communicates between the devices through bluetooth
will be implemented in the Google-Playservices

> For Android, the features will be integrated into the Google Play Services.

Google calls this play service extension: Android-Exposure-Notification-API-

1 Like

OpenTrace has a GPLv3 Android Tracing app: GitHub - opentrace-community/opentrace-android: OpenTrace Android app. Reference implementation of the BlueTrace protocol. It was initally developed by the Singaporean Government and Australia uses the same protocoll (BlueTrace).

1 Like

Depends on Google Services so not really free open-source.

1 Like

A few days ago the German android app now appears in the repository GitHub - corona-warn-app/cwa-app-android: Native Android app using the Apple/Google exposure notification API. The CWA development ends on May 31, 2023. You still can warn other users until April 30, 2023. More information: under the Apache 2 License. Though, like OptenTrace and k3b mentioned, it depends on the non-free Google Play Services.

1 Like

Which one exactly?

2 Likes

Which one exactly?

In my previous comment I was talking about the German CoronaVirus Tracking app. I edited it now to include that. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Still can’t find that repo link in the metadata, can you point to me where exactly? F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

Still can’t find that repo link in the metadata, can you point to me where exactly? F-Droid / Data · GitLab

I’m not sure we are talking about the same thing. I didn’t want to imply that the German corona app is on f-droid. Just that the sources of the Android app have been published upstream.
I was trying to update/add-to @k3b’s comment:

As of 25-05-2020 the github repository https://github.com/corona-warn-app only has non-android- serverside opensource code.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.