Client - Network connection issues

my version is 4.3.1

my understanding is, that google play store changed something and Aurora Store reacted. So I am guessing that any version lower than 4.3.x does not work anymore.

@agschaid,
I’ve installed version 4.2.5.47, that one’s suggested by F-Droid. Now when I check the available versions, I see that Rahul (the developer of the app) has already published version 4.3.1 :hushed:

Unfortunately that’s not (yet) available on F-Droid…

I am using iodéOS. You could try getting Aurora Store from their Repo.

Or just wait for Aurora 4.3 to hit the F-Droid repo of you are not in a hurry.

iode? Terrible, was not even open source until this year or so.

Your device is not supported by DivestOS or Calyx or Lineage?

hmmmm. Nice.
Nothing keeps people in a community like that sweet smell of patronizing evangelization.

@agschaid
I’ll wait, I’m not in a hurry… :wink:

Are you happy with iodé?

M.

Odd to say such things in FOSS first community though…

Blink twice if you were forced to use it :person_shrugging:

Yes. Quite happy.
With DivestOS (which I had earlier) I had to fiddle too often with technical stuff (doing it for a living. Don’t want to do it on my daily driver) and learn to live without features that were dropped.
Not meaning to talk bad about DivestOS. But Iodé is the better flavor for me.
Has a nice system-wide add-/content-blocker that I can use without having to root the phone (not that I am afraid of that. But in doupt I opt not to)
To be frank: they just pushed for a payed plan to get all blocker features. So that’s a bit of a downer. I as an “previous adopter” don’t have to pay it. But I’ll probaly pay it anyway to support the project.

You mean for hosts?

@agschaid

offtopic (maybe move to new thread?)…
but DivestOS has a content blocker since forever, it uses fancy wildcards (a first), and all the backing lists are correctly permissively licensed.
Meanwhile iode’s blocker directly uses lists in violation of their licenses, as many of them are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED or under non-commercial use licenses.

Just earlier this year, before publishing their subscription feature, they went three whole months without publishing any corresponding source code for the system.

Their included browser is NOT compiled from source (like Fennec F-Droid or my Mull) and still contains proprietary Google libraries.

And they go out of their way and include a proprietary navigation app, Magic Earth, despite FOSS alternatives like OSMAnd and Organic Maps existing.

They are today still selling egregiously overpriced phones that no longer receive any support from their manufacturer guaranteeing poor security of the given device due to lack of firmware or vendor component updates.

These are just some of the many issues I document with sources here: https://divestos.org/misc/i.txt

without features that were dropped.

DivestOS has recently gained unprivileged microG support (a first), and eSIM activation without Google services/servers (another first).

@SkewedZeppelin

Thank you for your input. Many valid points (altgough also many of them don’t apply to me personly since I flashed it on my own phone and don’t use most of their preinstalled apps)

If I should ever move away from Iodé, I’ll give DivestOS another look.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.