Change language in f-droid-app

Hi.
I’m running a local language at my phone. This makes sense for many of my apps, since they are developed for a local audience. But: For more specific apps (like f-droid), which are not local-dependant, I always run the app in English, because translations are often not correct enough to search for errors, solve miscellaneous tasks etc. But f-droid automatically choses my local language, and hence make is difficult for me to use (my terminology in respekt of development, geek-stuff etc. are simply English and not local).

How can I change language for the GUI in the app?

Thanks in advance.

/Rasmus

1 Like

Since Android 8 it uses only device locale. The app locale support part was rather complex and buggy.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks. Can I some how overwrite my local language file with an English for f-droid?

There’s no such config, no.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Google did an 180 and now from Android 13 you can select language PER app.

See Android Settings System Input or Language, then per app settings :wink:

1 Like

Ahh yes. I never realized it was there. Only supported apps though as of now. But glad to know of it. :wink:

Yeah, each app needs to add a bit of code: Add per-app language selection (!1312) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Client · GitLab

1 Like