Catchall email android app - sender should be receiver account

I am using catchall email adresses with my own domain.
For several purposes I have several adresses, p.ex. frdoid@mydomain.com, spam@mydomain.com, ebay@mydomain.com etc.
With thunderbird on Desktop, there is no issue. It chooses automatically the email adress the mail was sent to (p.ex. fdroid@mydomain.com) and uses it as the sender email.

Example: So if info@frdoid.com sends me an email to fdroid@mydomain.com and I want to answer, thunderbird will send the email from fdroid@mydomain.com. I never added fdroid@mydomain.com as a separate email account in thunderbird, I only set up catchall@mydomain.com.
The sender email fdroid@mydomain.com is automatically created as a sender address once a mail to a address abc(or whatever)@mydomain.com is received

I am now looking for an email client on android doing the same.

Did you try the obvious #1 choice? K9 mail. There is not much choice besides that anyway… quite a number of alternatives that are slightly better on one aspect or another but overall K9 mail is just doing most things right and still improving.

I am using FairEmail von K9 mail for quite some time, but they do not have that feature.

I am using a very similar setup in K9 and it works. For the account that receives the email you need to add all identities, that is in account settings, sending email, manage identities.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.