Can't play videos in Mull Browser since last update

Hi, ever since the April 6th update I have been having issues with playing videos, maybe 4 out of 10 will work but the rest I get " No video with supported format and MIME type found". I’ve had the same thing happen with Firefox but they seemingly fixed it in the update after its happened, I can play videos in Firefox which I can’t play in Mull so its not a device based issue. Any idea whats going on and how to fix? Thanks

Please try one of these workarounds: Broken - DivestOS Mobile

• If audio/video content fails to play in private tabs navigate to about:config and change browser.privatebrowsing.forceMediaMemoryCache to false, this is however a privacy risk.
  • If you have issues playing some videos: navigate to about:config and change media.android-media-codec.preferred from true to false. This may reduce battery life.
  • Mull has stripped referrers. This often breaks loading of images on websites with hotlink protection. Navigate to about:config and change network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy from 2 to 1, this is however a privacy risk.
1 Like

Thank you, I will give them a try a report back

Please Follow these steps:

Clear Mull Browser’s cache and data.
Temporarily disable any extensions.
Try forcing Media Memory Cache might affect privacy
Open about:config in Mull → search for browser.privatebrowsing.forceMediaMemoryCache → set to false .

If none of these work, report the issue on the Mull issue tracker with details

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.