Like Google and Apple f-droid has his standards which have to be fulfilled to be able to get into the store.
I would propose to add at least a second more enhanced f-droid standard.
This standard should contain some more advanced goals a program have to fulfill.
Maybe with this standards fulfilled, these apps get stored into a second repository.
Following are some ideas that could be set.
- add some server storage (Nextcloud, Owncloud, DAV, sftp,)
- encrypting backup
- All app has to have an import and an export of their settingx to xml with encryption (preferred setting)
Navigation (if aviable)
- allow to use maps from osm instead Google
- allow to see changelog inside f-droid
- update the app at least all 6. Month
- has a help menu or a wiki which describe basic usage