Banking App "SecureGo+"

Hallo zusammen,

ist zwar Offtopic, weil nicht FOSS, aber ich versuchs trotzdem mal…

Folgende Situation: meine Bank (BBBank Karlsruhe eG) nutzt zur Zwei-Faktor-Authentifikation die im Betreff genannte App. Sprich, möchte ich eine Online-Überweisung tätigen, muss ich diese in der App bestätigen damit sie ausgeführt wird.

Jetzt ist es mir in den letzten ca. 8 Wochen schon 2 mal passiert, dass die Daten für die Zahlung zwar in der App angezeigt werden, aber die entspr. Schaltflächen “Durchführen” bzw. “Ablehnen” nicht aktiv waren. Ich konnte die Überweisung nicht tätigen/ablehnen.

Nachdem ich dann beim ersten Mal die Bank telefonisch erreicht habe, wurde mir geraten die App zu deinstallieren und neu zu installieren. Hatte natürlich zur Folge, dass ich auch wieder einen neues Passwort zur Freischaltung per Briefpost bekam. Sowas zieht sich natürlich…

Gestern trat der selbe Fehler wieder auf, die Überweisung wird in der App angezeigt, kann aber nicht freigegeben/abgelehnt werden. Alle mir bisher bekannten Tipps (z. B. Cache leeren, Schriftgröße auf Standard zurücksetzen) haben nicht geholfen.

Heute wieder mit der Bank gesprochen, der selbe Vorschlag seitens der Bank, habe ich natürlich abgelehnt. Kann ja nicht die Lösung sein, alle paar Wochen die App neu zu installieren. Immerhin wurde die Angelegenheit jetzt an die Bank-IT weitergereicht. Hoffen wir mal, das keine weiteren Überweisungen anstehen… :woozy_face:

Meine Frage ist jetzt: hat jemand schon einmal das selbe Problem mit der App “SecureGo+” aus der Volksbanken/Genossenschaftsbankengruppe gehabt? Konnte es dauerhaft gelöst werden? Wenn ja, wie?

Bin ziemlich angesäuert & für jeden Hinweis dankbar…

Ciao,
M.

Ach ja, Hardware ist ein Lenovo Tab P10 mit g00gle Android 9

Any kind of proprietary App is evil and the pretense of security those banking apps claim is just ludicrous. I believe the Volksbank has the possibility to use some kind of Chiptan? You will have to pay a bit for the hardware but you won’t regret it, you can dump the silly app and the security and reliability is some orders of magnitude better.

1 Like

Hi @RichZ,

I’m absolutely on your side, that proprietary stuff is crapp & should not be used.

That TAN-Generator you talk about was the standard procedure until the new App was installed, I used it all the time and still have it lying in a drawer…

The problem is, to be able to use it, the bank has to give the customer (me) a so called “flicker code” on their webpage so the TAN-Generator can read it to give you the TAN.

The bank stopped offering that after they “invented” the new app based procedure , so I’m stuck with the app…

By the way, they sent me an e-mail (including instructions) telling me, I should de-install the app one more time, but this time completely & correctly…

M.

whats about to step back to the oldfashion paperwork?

@urpasin: thanks, but no, thanks…

Usually they charge extra for paper/offline.

Some banks offer HBCI which would be the best “electronic” alternative if done right… the authentication problem still remains.

The Online-Banking web application of your bank should support the so called "Sm@rt-TAN"s (my bank uses the same technical base, so I can tell). They also list it on their website, see [0].

When I opened my bank account, I had to make a phone call to them asking for activation of this specific TAN method. You probably have to do the same thing (i.e. see “Ansprechpartner” on the linked site).

Also: just found an FAQ here [1]. This also reads like they are still offering it.

[0] Sm@rt-TAN | BBBank eG
[1]: Banking-Verfahren | BBBank eG

1 Like

Well, that’s funny. I was using the old TAN generator (generating TANs with a flicker code on the bank’s website) and was absolutely happy with it. Then they started buggering me, they’ll be closing down this service, I have to change to that SecureGo(+) App.

I’ll contact them asap to get one of those Sm@rt-TAN-readers to get rid of that crappy app…

Thanks @FestplattenSchnitzel!

M.

1 Like

Banks here just love to bug people with their Apps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.