Thank you.

1 Like

Nope, use the browser…

2 Likes

Fennec app. :wink:
Kind regards.

1 Like

No disrespect meant.

There is no way this would happen. F-droid is a place for open software, and tik-tok is the representation of the opposite software model. If a web app was made, it would actually make open source software like bad as well. Especially with TikTok’s mission.

If anybody can prove me wrong, I am more than willing to say I’m wrong.

The back-end (tiktok.com) can be (almost) completely closed but maybe the front-end (F-Droid app) could be libre software with Anti-Features, like:

And the user must know that as soon as the back-end decides it the app will stop working…

Kind regards!

not an App but there is an extension called libredirect libredirect.github.io that uses something called proxitok GitHub - pablouser1/ProxiTok: Open source alternative frontend for TikTok made using PHP

1 Like

I believe that with the latest update, untrackme also allows redirection to proxitok

2 Likes

Thank you.

Just looked it does lol

Never use tiktok though

Not on f-droid but Clack appears to be open source.

1 Like

I’d like to add it to F-Droid if it’s still alive.

1 Like

Thank you.

Better to just stay away from tik tok and their associations such as Google and Facebook.

2 Likes

Exactly. Any company that forces you to abide by their rules while stealing & sealing your data illegally or intentionally causing other issues for a person shouldnt be used at all.

Since when did it take all this junk to upload & view videos online? I thought(still do) JS was the worse thing websites adopted but didnt require. I try not to think about the bs used now lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.