App listed as incompatible on own repo

I’m trying to set up my own f-droid repo, just to easily distribute some apps to my friends and family.
I have managed to get the repo itself up and running on bitbucket, and I have added my first app, but for some reason I can’t figure out it’s listed as incompatible with both phones I can test on right now.

I know the app is installable and does run on both of these devices when installed outside f-droid.

I checked the client’s source code to see what the criteria are, and from what I can tell my app passes all of them.

I’m trying to install the app on a device running android 14 on arm v8a, and the other is running android 12 also on arm v8a.

My min sdk version is 28, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

The client also seems to check a max sdk version, not sure what that is.

My target sdk version is 34, so that should also pass.

According to aapt2, the app is compiled for all relevant abi’s: ‘arm64-v8a’ ‘armeabi-v7a’ ‘x86’ ‘x86_64’.

The only thing I’m not 100% sure on are the supported features, as I’m not entirely sure how I can check what features are available on my phones. But the only feature I’m requesting is NFC, which both phones also have.

Can anyone here help me figure out why this isn’t working?

This is my first time on this forum, so I apologise if this is the wrong category or tag.

Settings
Incompatible, toggle ON
Expert, toggle ON

Go to app details
Expand versions

Read reason for incompatibility?

Attach a picture?

Thanks! Didn’t know that option shows the reason.

The issue actually was the NFC feature. Turns out my manifest had the name as “anrdoid.hardware.nfc”, so this hasn’t worked for well over a year. Kinda expected Android Studio to validate these, as it does offer autocomplete. Ah well.

All in all, it was just a dumb typo I never noticed. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes