App inclusion PR stuck at lint test

Hi! I’m trying to deploy FOSSASIA Pocket Science Lab Android app on Fdroid and when I made the merge request, the build is failing with a error log related to exif tags in images in the app repository.

$ exiftool -all= `find metadata/ -name '*.jp*g' -o -name '*.png'`
    0 image files updated
  135 image files unchanged
$ echo "these images have EXIF that must be stripped:"
these images have EXIF that must be stripped:
$ git --no-pager diff --stat
$ git --no-pager diff --name-only --exit-code || export EXITVALUE=1
$ exit $EXITVALUE
ERROR: Job failed: exit code 1

Prior to making the merge request, I have run lint build in my PC and it build successfully so I made the commit. But in the merge request lint build it fails.

I ran the exif tool in the local repo and removed all exif tags from images using following commands;

exiftool -all= `find -name '*.jp*g' -o -name '*.png'`
exiftool -a -u -g1 `find -name '*.jp*g' -o -name '*.png'`

Still it’s generating the same error message saying exif must be stripped. Didn’t I properly remove exif tags using the above mentioned exiftool commands? Or are there any other way to fix this issue?

Merge Request : Adding FOSSASIA PSLab to Fdroid (!3271) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab
Error Log : Pipeline · Padmal / Data · GitLab

Thanks!

Hey, look at the beginning of the lint output:

org.fossasia.pslab: Build generated by `fdroid import` - remove disable line once ready
org.fossasia.pslab: Invalid license tag "GNU General Public License v3"! Use only tags from https://spdx.org/license-list
1 Like

Hello Budu!

I’ve updated the license here

Your metadata is incomplete. Run fdroid lint for more details.

1 Like

Thank you @Bubu and @relan The Build tag is incomplete it seems. I removed the disable tag and added commits and fdroid build now can fetch the repo. Now I’m stuck at a similar issue as in #1030 and working on it! :slight_smile:

After manually adding tools_r25.2.5-linux.zip, error thrown as in #1030 seems gone. But now it throws a new error

DEBUG: Getting git vcs interface for https://github.com/fossasia/pslab-android
DEBUG: Checking 1.1.5
INFO: Building version 1.1.5 (7) of org.fossasia.pslab
INFO: Getting source for revision 0a50834ccf9264615d275a26feaf555db42eb4eb
DEBUG: Directory: build/org.fossasia.pslab
DEBUG: > git rev-parse --show-toplevel
DEBUG: > git submodule foreach --recursive git reset --hard
DEBUG: > git submodule foreach --recursive git clean -dffx
DEBUG: > git fetch origin
DEBUG: > git fetch --prune --tags origin
DEBUG: > git remote set-head origin --auto
DEBUG: > git checkout -f 0a50834ccf9264615d275a26feaf555db42eb4eb
DEBUG: > git clean -dffx
INFO: Creating local.properties file at build/org.fossasia.pslab/local.properties
INFO: Creating local.properties file at build/org.fossasia.pslab/app/local.properties
DEBUG: Removing debuggable flags from build/org.fossasia.pslab/app
INFO: Cleaning Gradle project...
DEBUG: Adapting settings.gradle at build/org.fossasia.pslab/settings.gradle
DEBUG: Adapting build.gradle at build/org.fossasia.pslab/build.gradle
DEBUG: Adapting build.gradle at build/org.fossasia.pslab/app/build.gradle
DEBUG: Directory: build/org.fossasia.pslab/app
DEBUG: > gradle clean
ERROR: Could not build app org.fossasia.pslab: OSError while trying to execute gradle clean: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
INFO: Finished.
INFO: 1 builds failed

I tried adding subdir=app and removed that line also but it still cannot build it. Should I install gradle separately?

Yes, and don’t forget to add it into $PATH. F-Droid does not use gradle wrappers provided by apps.

1 Like

Great! Thanks again @relan ! I installed the gradle and now the build is getting successful. Now advancing into issue #2054! I’ve installed fdroid-server from apt. So now I’m going to install it using git!

Finally it’s a success! :slight_smile: All the builds are now passing in #3271 Thank you @relan and @Bubu for the tips and support! :sunny:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.