Anyone interested in redesigning the app?

Hello everyone! I’m a recent UI/UX Design graduate and I’m looking to apply my new skills on existing products/experiences. The F-Droid app caught my interest as I find it has a lot of potential to draw future users but might need a bit of organization and improved UX.

1. Would anybody be interested in me uploading some redesign concepts?
  2. Are there any heavy users of F-droid open to me interviewing them to understand user needs/pain points?

Here is my portfolio for those curious about what I can do. https://www.cherlyfernandez.com/

4 Likes

You have mockups already?

What are your pain points with its UI/UX at the moment?

I dont know if I m right with that here but an button tu update and install all your apps at the same time would be a nice feature

3 Likes

@Uncles4m I Think that’s what Privileged Extention does, but you would need root for that to install. So for the non-techies out there a button would be +1

I would be happy to discuss Cheryl, but I am more of a User, if that is good for you?
Btw, your mailto: in your webpage is missing the email ID. :wink:

3 Likes

I a plan to identify what those pain points are from users, then build a solution/mockup based on data. I want to be able to backup my design decisions based on actual user needs. This app was actually suggested to me by a dev engineer who uses the app but thinks it can be improved. I just need to see if there is enough need for it before working on it. I would probably need to interview 3-5 heavy users to get started.

1 Like

There are some (a lot) issues tagged with “ui”

I don’t know if that can be a source for ideas what areas to improve or if it is too much and confusing.

There is also a FDroid classic client which was forked before a major redesign. Maybe its a good idea to compare and analyze why some users prefer the previous design over the newer one and vice versa.

When redesigning it is good to view the app with fresh eyes, but also to know a little bit history why things are how they are.

2 Likes

I have created a working “Platform independant FDroid engine” that urgently needs a gui (Standalone, offline android app as well as web)

For details see

are you interested?

1 Like

Thank you, @pstorch! This is helpful! There are a lot of issues in there but I am filtering it by “popularity” assuming it would show me topics/issues that users cared most about. This is a good start, thanks!

2 Likes

Heavy user here; poke me, Doc!

2 Likes

Hello F-Droiders!

I am looking to improve F-Droid’s user experience and overall design, and I would like to interview a few heavy users to learn about your current experience of the app.

If you fit the description below, I would like to hear from you.

1. F-Droid user for more than a year
  2. Have downloaded more than 2 apps from F-Droid
  3. Uses F-Droid regularly

Please choose one of the available time slots in the Calendly if you are willing to participate in this interview. The interview should not take more than 15mins. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @aotektrue I just posted a Calendly link within this thread. If you’re interested in sharing your F-Droid experience, please feel free to book a time. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @vdbhb59 I just posted a Calendly link within this thread. If you’re interested in sharing your F-Droid experience, please feel free to book a time. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.