Another launcher query

I’m looking for a “minimal” launcher, but minimal in a specific way. I don’t mind icons, but I want to minimize gestures needed for configuration and operation. There are multiple reasons:

• The home screen functionality on my device seems to be buggy, losing the configured layout configuration, ie. icons I have dragged into the home screen disappear some time later with no reason. I noticed this now with multiple different launcher apps so it is not a bug in them, unless the same code is copied into all.
  • Ergonomics, giving a break to my poor old hands.
  • Gestures, especially dragging, mean skin fat on the screen.

So, what I would like is a launcher that puts all app icons on the home screen by default. I have few enough installed and the screen is large enough that this is easily possible. Does such a thing exist?

Ian

get KISS :wink:

KISS would not have been my first suggestion, since it is quite seach-based and @nobrowser quite specifically asked for a “wall of icons”, I think.

KISS might be configured to fit that need. But at first glance I didn’t see how.

KISS does add icons for the apps I actually use, which may be good enough. Giving it a try.

1 Like

it is not, you can even hide the input field…

KISS seems to have no landscape mode?

Actually the problems I encountered with the default launcher seemed to be most easily triggered by changing the orientation, so it kind of makes sense that KISS is more stable … it just ignores the orientation change altogether? Or can it be configured?

Ian

It has a setting for “force portrait” but… if you don’t toggle that, it will follow your system setting

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.