Suggestion to add all Apps which connect to CloudFlare by default

upset over Cloudflare yet many other CDNs pull the same nonsense

a tag for Akamai? for AWS? for Google Cloud? for Oracle Cloud? for Fastly? for Edgecast? Limelight?

So this is the “everyone does it” fallacy, versus “two wrongs don’t make a right.”

• Cloudflare is “in your face” with BS robot accusations, as they get in the way of Tor or Tor Browser and slow you down.
  • F-Droid has made some sort of deal and arrangement with Cloudflare, but not yet with the others, AFAIK.

How do people know when the cloudflare mirror will help them, and where is the instruction for using it?

1 Like

If a mirror exists somewhere of course there’s an arrangement, be it CF or any other mirror. Now you’ll spin the meaning of the word arrangement right? Agreement is a synonym. the details are in the public view, as you’ve read in the links in Suddenly Sickness Feels, Cloudflare, really F-Droid?

Maybe CF has edge nodes in the “peoples” country or continent, maybe that helps them, dunno, people should make their own research too.

Adding a mirror to F-Droid? In Settings - Repos - press the title bar Plus icon… write mirror address.

1 Like

the details are in the public view

Statistically, in gitlab 80% of admin gitlab issues are in public view. A lot can happen in the hidden 20%. I may have missed it, but I didn’t see details on how much money changes hands, if any.

Also, many details are in other channels. Concise documentation in News and documentation could be a good thing.

people should make their own research too.

So people are on their own when it comes to choosing alternative official “mirrors”. The same as for alternative unofficial “repos”

Aside - I dislike trivialization of “research” but it’s common these days.

Adding a mirror to F-Droid? In Settings - Repos - press the title bar Plus icon… write mirror address.

Are you saying the app will automagically list the mirror under F-Droid official mirrors if it is one?

So that button is dual function, adding repos and official mirrors.

Will it warn users to check privacy terms of the third party, or that is quietly understood?

I thought when F-droid says we don’t track our users, it meant I can be confident I am not tracked if I use official f-droid repos and mirrors. Now it seems third parties may track as much as they wish, as official mirrors, and all they have to do is have a “privacy policy”; and I am on my own to “research” the details. This sounds not much different than Google.

Looks like everything I try to clear up you keep trying to muddle. As you see fit then,

3 Likes