Oglaf app, NSFW policy

I have an app, Oglaf which I haven’t asked to include here because I don’t know if you have a policy about NSFW(Not Safe For Work) apps. It’s just a wrapper around the web site, similar to the Dilbert and XKCD apps. The site is sometimes hilarious, sometimes obscene. Do you have such a policy? And if so where can I find it?

1 Like

IMO, F-Droid is light on written policy, and heavy on “if we don’t like it when we see it, we’ll do something if we strongly feel we should” and “we’d rather not talk about it.” They allow Tusky to censor Gab without anti-tagging the app, for example, and they posted an “explanation”.

I don’t speak for the Powers That Be, but I think the answer is: If you don’t “dirty” the repository with anything sensitive people would complain about, and you provide clear, accurate descriptions, then you should be OK. @hans would prefer you to use a separate repo’, however.

Here are a couple previous discussions:

Your editor app is great. Wish you would take some of the guts of your audio apps, oscilloscope particularly, and make a F/LOSS “shot timer” app. :grin:

What’s a F/LOSS “shot timer”?

Free/Libre Open Source Software

“A shot timer is a shot activated timer used in shooting sports, which starts the competitor by an audible signal and also records the competitor’s time electronically by detecting the sound of each shot together with the time from the start signal. When the competitor is finished the timer will show the time from the start signal until the last shot. The time is usually recorded to hundredths of a second, which is required by competitions…” (Thanks Wikipedia)

Edit: Typically one pushes a button to make a loud “beep” noise and start the timer. Then loud “bangs” cause a display to show the elapsed time.

They are often dedicated hand-held devices, but Android devices should also be able to do it, and there are proprietary apps in play store:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.