Mattermost app required by a whole movement

Most React Native apps are not that hard once you get used to it.
The issue with Mattermost is that they use a lot of libraries and have a custom prebuild script.

I was hoping that the auto update could mostly work after the version we managed to publish, but it seems they often change/update their libraries so we have to investigate new scanignore rules and build errors. I am not sure it is worth it if upstream does not help.

Some vague progress: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-mobile/issues/566#issuecomment-736016171 onwards

That device info depends, not sure why, on instalreferrer and google-services which are non-FOSS.

I encounter that Mattermost Beta in the f-droid archive is more up to date (“only” 2 years old, last update: 2019-08-06) than Mattermost Classic in the f-droid main repository (3 years old, last update on 2018-04-27).

This Mattermost Beta also works with the Mattermost server of the movement mentioned in the origininal post.

• I second here the wish, to keep an up to date Mattermost app on f-droid.
  • Would it otherwise be advised to move Mattermost Classic to the f-droid archive, if the younger Mattermost Beta has also moved and Mattermost Classic is heavily outdated and does not seem to get updates?
1 Like

Any news about Mattermost for f-droid?

1 Like

Subscribe to issue 566 linked above…but not much, will retry asap

1 Like