K-9 Pre-release

Hey guys, i cant find it in the official repositories, über versions there is only 5.6, i’ve refreshed repositories but still nothing :frowning:
What am i doing wrong?
Greetings

Could you explaint, what does it mean ‘Restore after downgrade’?

Hey guys, i cant find it in the official repositories, über versions there is only 5.6, i’ve refreshed repositories but still nothing :frowning:

5.700 has not been built yet. Should become available in a day or two.

1 Like

FYI: I added 5.701 today.

1 Like

@sergio : backup, uninstall, install, restore

I don’t know much about F-droid’s build process but it seems the build for 5.701 failed?

I tried to figure out why 5.701 wasn’t available yet on F-droid as it fixes a bug that makes K-9 5.7 hard to use for me :slight_smile:

yeah, the buildserver needs gradle 6.0.1. That the previous build succeded was rather an accident.

If you depend on K9 I’d advise returning to 5.6 as I can’t say at all when the next 5.7 releases will be out. (it could be a month).

Note. that everything 5.7 is still considered beta releases.

1 Like

I actually met cketti today and we briefly talked about K9 beta releases. First 5.8 will be the stable release, everything in the 5.7 branch will be considered beta. The 5.8 milestone is tracked here: Issues · thundernest/k-9 · GitHub

But we agreed that it makes sense to have the beta releases here on f-droid and it should be fine building them with gradle 5.6 until the buildserver has 6.0.1. So I added that workaround now.

2 Likes

I see it jumps from 4.6 MiB to 7.9 MiB size. I’m fine with the old one until “upgrade” is “recommended.” Every bit counts. :slight_smile:

thanks @Bubu installed yesterday and I enjoy it a lot!

btw there’s already 5.702 fixing annoying “The back button now closes the side drawer instead of exiting the app immediately” do you have to always push new version or it will update on its own (saw latest Jenkins still took .701)?

5.702 is on it’s way now.

3 Likes

Thanks Bubu, I can see it was built 2 days ago already in https://jenkins.debian.net/job/reproducible_fdroid_build_apps/740 but not yet available via fdroid, just curios and to fully understand the process what happens after it is built before it gets into “store”?

Not yet build, no: https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/com.fsck.k9/lastbuild

So how should I understand

https://jenkins.debian.net/job/reproducible_fdroid_build_apps/740/

DEBUG: buildserver > BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 2m 45s
DEBUG: buildserver > 525 actionable tasks: 525 executed
DEBUG: buildserver > INFO: Successfully built version 5.702 of com.fsck.k9
DEBUG: buildserver > DEBUG: > /home/vagrant/android-sdk/build-tools/26.0.0/aapt dump xmltree build/com.fsck.k9/app/k9mail/build/outputs/apk/release/k9mail-release-unsigned.apk AndroidManifest.xml
DEBUG: buildserver > DEBUG: Checking build/com.fsck.k9/app/k9mail/build/outputs/apk/release/k9mail-release-unsigned.apk
DEBUG: buildserver > DEBUG: > /home/vagrant/android-sdk/build-tools/26.0.0/aapt dump badging build/com.fsck.k9/app/k9mail/build/outputs/apk/release/k9mail-release-unsigned.apk
DEBUG: buildserver > INFO: success: com.fsck.k9
DEBUG: buildserver > INFO: Finished
DEBUG: buildserver > INFO: 1 build succeeded

It seemed to be ok, but as I said I’m trying to understand the build-to-release process, is it somewhere documented how it works?

Why do you use that link exactly? My link is the “real” one.

The jenkins has nothing to do with F-droid infrastructure.

Ok, thanks guys, could you then please tell me what is process between Bubu’s change in git and getting it for end user? I was under impression that Jenkins job does it, but apparently not, what is its purpose? Thanks.

Read this post: Newpipe update - Post #21

1 Like

5.703 added just now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.