Job checkupdates fails (proposing a new app) but can't understand reason

Doing it again. Now with name 0.1.8 and code 9:thinking: :desert_island:

Thanks. Basically I’m following the EteSync-related blog post, and they have the metadata updated with a new build for every release. For now it’s fine… if I’ll ever be able to make it work: I’m not planning a gazillion releases. Then I can improve on it.

Still same problem with new version name and version code… I’m sad.
I mean: I can’t even pass the check version by following a simple blog page… After 20+ years of software development (I know, it was desktop Java things, but still…).
I’ll probably end up deleting the repo, the app and everything. Give up.

The default pattern check this file and you can see it’s 4… You need too add UpdateCheckData: app.json|"versionCode":\s(\d+)|.|"version":\s"([\d.]+)" to indicate where the checker should look at. So just open an MR and we can help fix it :wink:

1 Like

Got the point! Even though I was updating the tags and the metadata, when doing expo run:android, the Expo framework is not updating the android folder, unless I remove it! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: (There should be the way to overcome this…)

Now I have updated everything, removed the android folder, re-run expo run:android so that android\app\build.gradle has been updated, and commited.

At least the checkupdate is working!
I’ll go with the MR for the fdroid build part.

You can automate these steps (delete folder, run special command) before committing and tagging, right?

The checkupdate process checks your code so it might just pick it up then

https://gitlab.com/marcoXbresciani/fdroiddata/-/merge_requests/1 done :pray:

You made the merge request point at your own project. You should recreate it and make sure the “Target branch” is set to:

fdroid/fdroiddata master

:man_facepalming:t2: note for self: never open MRs while having a work meeting.
Sorry @TheLastProject and thank you.
I’ll take care tomorrow: now my little boy is asking me to play with him.
Meanwhile it could even be that it’s compiling, at last!

Pull request done.
Now it’s working, at last.
I only have to find out how to remove all permissions (the app doesn’t need them), but it seems not possible with an Expo managed workflow… I might have to manually modify the manifest.
And I have to find out why there are two offending libraries.

Thanks everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.