I am looking for an Android TV box that does not force me to create a Google account

My ATV is using Android 9, don’t have a custom launcher installed as the stock one displays just fine. Majority of apps installed are from f-droid, mostly utility style apps not all exactly made to run on ATV such as App Manager, FTP Share, Invizible Pro(this does have an ATV display), Syncthing, Interceptor-NG, PCAPdroid, VLC, LibreSpeed, Droid-ify, Aurora Store, Fennec, etc and all display fine.
Only app I couldn’t stand to use on this box was Netflix, hard to navigate with a regular remote.
It’s not exactly pretty to look at but it’s functional which is what matters.

Mainly used for Kodi, but at times I transfer movies from other devices to it.

2 Likes

There is a TV version of Orbot.
And VLC has a TV mode in its settings that is quite nice.

1 Like

The stock launcher display ads for Google services (Youtube, Play,…). I wish to get rid of those ads.

Thank you, will test it

More details?

Link to website?

Aurora allows you to change the device ID so it appears as something else to the Play store, use that spoofing maybe

1 Like

What apps are those? Also, why have you uploaded instead of giving official links? It could be a rouge agent as well.

1 Like

Actually, one easy way I use is by activity launcher, and creating a shortcut for its URI.
Moreover, those applications you gave are APK files, and no matter what, any unofficial (although I distrust official ones too, lol), ones, I simply do not use them. Am not saying your files are malicious, just that unless I feel safe, I mistrust any file.
I did a virus check on both, and they are free of infection.
Fennec_ATV: VirusTotal
FDroid_ATV: VirusTotal

A good one for people who needs it easy. Thanks for sharing mate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Guys please add support for Android TV. In current state it’s installing fine. But there is no icon to run it. So I need to open system apps list to run it.

See above for some recommendations

Well… it’s not the solution at all n I’m sorry to say that. It’s a crutch. Solution is add correct TV support at build stage.

Feel free to contribute: F-Droid / Client · GitLab :person_shrugging:

Im not a programmer but Im pretty know its not hard way to add TV icon.
I can ask to patch current build on some forums. But its betta just to add it from scratch.
So I create issue regard it