Fedilab, Librem Social supports the pushing out of marginalized groups

Hello David,

You haven’t answered my question yet.

Are you aware that you’re echoing Nazi talking points or is this somehow a very prolonged accident?

Straw man fallacy is strong with you

1 Like

I also recommend you reading the initial post of this discussion chain. Which mentions “since they’ve made it pretty clear that they support marginalized groups being doxxed through their instance.” and “and as such, it’s clear that they support bigotry and marginalization of non-white, non-cis, non-straight, non-Christian people.”

1 Like

And again, going after the person and not the argument

If a Nazi tells me the sky is blue, and you tell me it’s green, I guess I’d have to side with the Nazi on that one even if I really, really hate his guts. So I guess this is the same.

Now that I answered your question, would you answer mine?

1. Is it bigotry to insult white men just for being white men?

2. Does an instance administrator support bigotry, either explicitly or implicitly, if they vow to allow that kind of content in their instance?

3. Does Mastodon as a network support bigotry, either explicitly or implicitly, if the Covenant quietly lets that slide?

4. Should we, therefore, add a “promotes bigotry” to Mastodon apps in general?

1 Like

The projection fallacy is strong with you.

1 Like

no

no

no

no

and now I’ll ask you another question

1. Do you know what “Marxism” means? Because the friend you brought here clearly doesn’t and I’d like to get that cleared up before we continue this discussion, even if all your responses are in bad-faith.

By saying “Nazis” you are also admitting to be arguing in bad faith.

One thing is real (Nazis) and the other thing is an imaginary problem created by nationalists.

1 Like

You may leave if you are just going to label anyone who does not agree with you a Nazi

1 Like

No, and I can’t say I care. On the other hand:

Counting you, that’s already two different people on this thread who think that insulting certain groups for their race and/or sex is not bigotry, and is fair game.

But please, do correct me if this is a strawman and that’s not what you think.

2 Likes

Here’s how I see it: the words are given force by the context in which they exist. Insulting poc, women, etc, for being what they are is inherently damaging because we live in a world where we’re still trying to undo the damage from back when they literally weren’t considered people
Insulting white men just for being white men is not something I agree with but it’s not going to push us away from an equitable world in the same way, hence, not bigotry

3 Likes

Did I say “agreeing with a Nazi” anywhere?

No, I said “agreeing with Nazi talking points”. As in, the hate and bigotry that that group is founded upon.

And your repeated attempts to dodge or change the question have told more than any direct answer would have.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. Do you guys even read yourselves?

Leaving that aside:

Okay. Counting you, that’s already THREE different people on this thread who think that insulting certain groups for their race and/or sex is not bigotry, and is fair game.

But please, do correct me if this is a strawman and that’s not what you think.

1 Like

I get the feeling this thread is gonna get locked down again simply because Nazis keep twisting people’s words and trying to argue that reverse racism is real despite every shred of evidence proving them wrong.

And I’m betting that the repeated lockdown for this reason will help to actually get this feature implemented since the sheer number of undue attacks on it have proven why it’s necessary in the first place.

2 Likes

“agrees with Nazis” is not the same words as “agrees with a specific person who happens to also be a Nazi”.

They do not have even remotely the same meaning.

Please continue to dig this hole for yourself. It’s amusing to watch.

1 Like

certain =/= privileged

Until you willingly make that distinction yourself, none of us can agree with this statement as you have put it forth.

2 Likes

I mean, if we’re gonna mince words really really hard I think it’s exactly one group, the one group that had all the rights that everyone else had to kick and scream and fight to get. But otherwise yes, that isn’t a strawman

2 Likes

Guys, I’m giving you every chance to correct me if I’m straw-manning you.

You guys think that insulting certain groups for their race and/or sex is not bigotry, and is fair game. I’m not judging you, I’m just saying that’s what you think.

But again, please, please correct me if this is a strawman and that’s not what you think.

3 Likes

You are certainly straw-manning and being corrected, and your lack of an ability to admit that those replies even exist shows that you are also gaslighting in addition to spouting pro-Nazi talking points.

Thank you, once again, for demonstrating why this feature is needed.

1 Like