F-Droid job board

Definitly! And implies the repository (fdroidclient). Which brings to mind, again by repository association:

• F-Droid server maintainer
  • F-Droid website maintainer

(rfp and data are already covered by the “Repository maintainer” group). And where does the TWIF fall into? Website?

All in favor of the two bulleted additions, rais your … uh … emoticons :rofl:

1 Like

Here’s another “job” title/function… advertiser

The person will do, after a new app is added (or one that misses it), stuff like this, or like this, actually just fork the repo, edit the file in Git/hub/lab web editor (put the correct ID, very important :P), look at preview, press submit MR/PR, no Android developer needed. :slight_smile:

Also important trait, able to understand that they might never merge your PR/MR… :frowning:

I think it probably won’t make sense to break things down by “Website”.
Instead, the website will fall under:

• “Communications” - TWIF and posts
  • “Localization” - handling all the translation stuff
  • backend/tools - turning the index into pages for each app

I think “teams” are at a level of abstraction above “jobs” or “roles”. You apply for a job and not for a team, although you will usually be part of a team.

I want to document the roles, and then we can organize them into teams.

1 Like

Someone asked in private for clarification on the level of detail we need. I thought the answer was useful enough to post in public:

Just pretend we’re a company looking for people to hire, and we’re now writing the job ads.

1 Like

I would like to help. I’m not new to computers but am new to android … Or at least not an expert by any means. I’ve spent 22 years working in surgery and am finally at at a point I can dedicate my time and energy more to my own endeavors. I love puzzles.
I’m recently married (again) and would love to go into better detail over any qualifications i have for this job but the description was a little light lol. All I can say is that I’m willing to learn and I’m dedicated. You may email or call me please. Nakedpwr@gmail.com

Start by taking a look at these MergeRequests for new apps maybe: Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

Hello dear community,

I find myself having a few hours a week I could dedicate to helping this project. I can see among other things that the merge request queue is quite large, how could I contribute and help treat things faster ?

I’m guessing there are a few conditions to meet before merging a PR, in addition to the automated Pipeline build ?

1 Like

Your first assignement, fix this: https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/fr.xgouchet.packageexplorer/lastbuild :))

Already done, my PR has been opened for a week Update Stanley to 2.3 and add scanignore rule (!3757) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

You need a build server locally, so you can run fdroid command and build the apps before anything else.

The Gitlab CI Pipeline does only the linting part.

@xgouchet thanks for your contributions! As you can see, what we are lacking the most are core contributors who have time to promptly review merge requests. The hard part is that to become a core contributor, the community needs to see the person’s track record of work.

Also, FYI, we have an alpha version of automated building of all fdroiddata merge requests, so that should help a lot.

1 Like

:speech_balloon: Post Topic Replied

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.