DivestOS: long term device support with enhanced privacy and security

Do contact the person in the description of this video for authorised mi account to get edl flash of poco F1… if u feel that guy is legit ,then proceed to get it flashed

Thanks @x3e0.
Maybe my concerns are unfounded, but the web offers of alleged EDL Authorized Account holders in Far Lands and Continents, reachable only by Gmail, are suspicious to me.

How the images resemble each other

Xiaomi Community | EDL Authorized Account

► Guide EDL Method

I will look around in my territories.

The build for samsung s4 mini has been download with succed.
It has a bug with the turning off and on . While trying to turn it on it will not show if it has to power off or restart. So the phone turns off directly and starts again itself.

@PorFin
to clarify you mean it turns back on when you turn it off? thor and apollo has that issue, kernel related, not sure what causes it.

if you mean instead the buttons are missing, that is strange, and I’ve not heard that.

yes, that what is happening. But when trying to turn it off it doesnt show the power off in the screen. It just turns off.

BTW , do you think that could be possible to make a build for samsung s5 mini? is a shame that Lineageos is not focusing in small compact devices like these old lovely ones.

And the sony xperia z3 compact? It is also in the lineageos project. Could it be included?

Yesterday I made the switch from the official lineageos to divestos on the redmi note 7 (lavender), everything went well and I must say that after a day and a half of fairly intense use I did not encounter any problems.

I installed divestos using los recovery, I expected that after the first boot the recovery would be replaced by that of divestos as @SkewedZeppelin told me but apparently the recovery remained that of lineageos. In case I will replace it manually before the next update.

I also took the opportunity to try the seedvault backup system and all in all it worked quite well even if the process of restoring ~100 apps was quite long, still preferable to the option to reinstall everything manually.

Regarding bluetooth, wifi, hotspot, geolocation, etc. everything works fine. The only remark to do is about mozilla’s unifiednlp backend which doesn’t seem to work, instead dejavu works so it’s not a big deal. Battery life is also good.

The pre-installed apps in my opinion are all excellent and I also used many of them on lineageos (simple gallery, silence, mull, open camera, f-droid) the only app I have to get used to is fairemail since I’ve always used k-9 mail, however I’m taking the opportunity to try it and all in all I don’t mind, soon I’ll decide whether to go back to using k-9 mail or whether to stay on fairemail.

Having f-droid as a system app is a big advantage and allows me to do without the root that I used exclusively for privileged extension.

I hope that in the future it will also be possible to re-lock the bootloader but already in this way I am very happy to have made the switch.

Great job @SkewedZeppelin and thanks again!!!

6 Likes

Uh. They are looking for “enhanced privacy and security” and there is no private/anonymous drop box for comments.

@agschaid

I think there is also an un-rooted version of AdAway that uses some VPN-magic. Maybe that is what you are talking about?

Yes, if AdAway uses the VPN “slot”, then Tor cannot, iiuc, because Divestos does not support rooting.

When I try join a zoom meeting on mull, zoom says that my browser doesn’t support audio. I had granted audio perms to mull, but i wasnt able to join the meeting with audio. I didnt have this problem with firefox on google play or iceraven
@skewedzepellin does this have something to do with about:config or user.js or something similar? I didnt modify any of that

@hoolamags
WebRTC is disabled in all Mull versions before 96.x.
96.x is already in the DivestOS repo, but you have to manually update to it.

Why disabled?

@Licaon_Kter
Fenix doesn’t have protections that desktop Firefox does and will leak local IP addresses.
I ought to actually disable it again for 96.

Edit: a Mull v96.1.1-3 is compiling with WebRTC disabled again. and that will be the same for when it lands on F-Droid this week

Edit 2: a Mull v96.1.1-3 is up with this silly issue fixed

You are absolutely right there.
My thinking in my initial proposal was that while not support rooting it might be possible for SkewedZeppelin to package AdAway (and maybe even AFWall+ which has absoutely no un-rooted capabilities) as privileged system app of sorts. In that case it might be possible operate directly on the hosts file without VPN.

Sorry. That idea was only indirectly hinted in my initial proposal. But I guess SkewedZeppelin got me right nontheless since his reply was that he would have to make that work for multiple versions of Android.

i am on 96.1.1 and it isnt working
btw wouldnt it be better to just change that in about:config rather than disable at compile time?

@hoolamags
the default must be compiled in, but as a user you can change this via about:config
WebRTC toggle is media.peerconnection.enabled

It should be set to false to disable wertc, right?

@darhma
Yes, false to disable:

1 Like

Your qualified comments always thrill me. But go ahead, keep responding like an ass in kindergarten.

Because i would like to use DivestOS on my Poco F1, would it possibly work if i were to use the vendor files from another Android 11 ROM so that the camera is functional? Been looking into LeOS as that ROM seems good.

@SkewedZeppelin Just installed the latest HDX 8.9 Apollo build and i had to go back to install the previous build as spotify stopped working (no internet connection) & zedge kept crashing. These issues maybe the same for HDX 7 Thor too.

@ushilives
new build is up that should fix your issue.

1 Like