Classyshark3exydus found five trackers inside Tor browser

Tor as any other internet thing comes under control from government and corporations (in this case these things that you provided help to spy on nodes, as they use identifiers):
Telpiot program for example intrudered almost every spheres and companies are semiobligated to let it in.
TLS as any other protocol comes under control with obligatory backdoors for “authorities” - Is Extended Random A Malicious NSA Plot? — Quarrelsome ,but likely this one is not used to spy.
DNSSEC protocol as well - Against DNSSEC — Quarrelsome and 14 DNS Nerds Don't Control The Internet — Quarrelsome
I really hope there is no world wide exploit for certificates; obligatory backdoors are everywhere(((

I’m unsure about it but Tor is apparently designed in such a way that those things won’t work. If somebody with knowledge on the subject was to answer then it would be more informative than anything I could say but from my own understanding it would seem that Tor should be safe. Between the fiscal year of 2019-2020 governments have donated a total of $2,372,145. If Tor was already ultimately under their control then why would they have any care for its development and why would they directly fund it’s development? Some of the funding came from the US state department bureau of democracy and bureau of human rights and labour, why give over $750,000 to further human rights whilst already controlling everything? They received funding from universities as well, one of which uses it for defense advanced research, I’m sure they know about backdoors yet they still fund it, use it and trust it. That’s just my view on the situation, maybe I’m completely wrong and if so I’d be interested in hearing it.

Source for funding: Transparency, Openness, and Our 2020 Financials | The Tor Project

It is also worth noting that the links you provided are from 2015 and 2016, half a decade ago.

Some things are relevant for decades and more

1 Like

Show its active targeted use in the wild and then I’ll agree

An interesting read found in Tor Blog comments, looks like yet another method of making Tor obsolete has been discovered and disclosed, Tor accepted the comment for publication but have said nothing about how or if they even plan to mitigate the damage

https://defcon.org/html/defcon-29/dc-29-speakers.html#van_goethem

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.