Classyshark3exydus found five trackers inside Tor browser

I respect the efforts SkewedZeppelin has been doing as every other efforts in general, but after having read his posts on privacy I personally wouldn’t use his “privacy oriented” products,
they might be okay compared to the mainstream products, but not good enough for privacy conscious not to mention certain threat models.

Moreover, I find it inappropriate to take someone else OS, and after some light customization renaming it to "somethingelse"OS.
Marketing is probably the main driver force in human society no doubt about that, but it make me suspicious about author’s real intentions.

Lineage = AOSP - GApps + Proprietary Drivers
Any app you put on top of cleaned from GApps AOSP is considered a Bloatware or unwanted apps, because the people’s needs are so different,
that’s why we call it custom ROM, thus Divest" os " is another Custom ROM.

Debian + proprietary drivers and canonical’s Bloatware = Ubuntu
From that point in time Linux gets crazy:
Ubuntu - something + something = Lubuntu, xubuntu, myassBUNTU etc.
Debian + a ton of Bloatware = KaliLinux

That’s why I use Debian and degoogled AOSP made by myself and for myself only, I’m gonna call it MyassOS.

2 Likes

For any device no longer supported by its manufacturer, DivestOS is the most secure option available for it.

DivestOS has created many original and first offerings unlike any other ROM, please take a skim through my history page: History - DivestOS Mobile along with my contributions to other projects: About - DivestOS Mobile, Issue search results · GitHub

My intentions are to give as much security as possible to old devices, because not everyone can afford to buy the latest phone every two years, nor should old ones be tossed in the trash when the hardware is still functional.

1 Like

And therefore useless due to Mozilla thinking it owns the world wide web, hence everything written above…

Thanks for what? Giving reference isn’t the same as giving recommendation, learn sentence comprehension

There’s a lot of stuff here, I don’t agree with, see:

GrapheneOS is great, but doesn’t work with any older devices. @SkewedZeppelin 's DivestOS is similar, and does.

See, oh,

https://divestos.org/index.php?page=about

@justsomeguy, Are you in relationship with SkewedZeppelin?

It’s more of a rhetoric question, and definitely not my business.
This question cams to mind because you two share a quiet similar worldview.

I would like to understand what exactly are you doing in this hostile to your way of thinking thread, this time it is definitely my concern because I started this thread, and you have been contributing nothing useful but unnecessary noise?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind to have some opposing opinion, I’m 100% pro democracy, I’m just curious what drives you?

1 Like

New official release today. STILL full of “disabled” trackers and telemetry. I submitted a comment to it a few hours back and still no sign of approval, I expect it will remain hidden as the truth creates an inconvenience for Tor development team.

@Moz

I submitted a comment to it a few hours back and still no sign of
approval, I expect it will remain hidden

I’ll agree with you there, my few comments on their blog over the years
have never been approved.

1 Like

I find it inappropriate and disrespectful that you don’t even know what work he did on his OS and allow yourself the right to criticize, saying is just a light customization.

I don’t know why you think it’s inappropiate that someone modifies an existing OS to make their own.
By the same rule, we should be using UNIX , right?
It can start with a slight customization and grow into something big and totally separate from the original, with its own advantages for a specific users.

Yes, KaliLinux is meant to be an everyday operating system and not for auditing Wi-Fi, it’s not right that it just comes with everything that can be included for the purpose of auditing network security.

1 Like

@Fermion:

I started this thread, and you have been contributing nothing useful but unnecessary noise?

This is, or is trending to, ad hominem attacks…

So here is a more topical question for you. Have you followed @hans advice, “In the future, file an issue with Tor if you see this” ?

Tor Project has addressed similar issues in the past: Tracking files and other browsers (#30191) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab , Investigate if Orfox is shipping with active tracker (#26784) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab , Disable third-party tracking frameworks Adjust and Leanplum in mobile Tor Browser (#25906) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab , TBA - Make sure third-party code is proxy safe (#25851) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab

You mean on Android OS.

Ever heard the name Linus Torvalds?

ROFL.
Just do some research before commenting.
LMAO, sorry, can’t stop laughing.

Of course.

You did not get the point

? … ?

No, that sentence wasn’t meant to offend you, but nudge you a little bit toward providing some evidence, not just opposing everything coming in your way in this thread.

I suppose we shouldn’t alter this thread to “an introduction to Linux”
So, please inform yourself about Kali using following links:

What is Kali Linux, and what is a Penetration Testing Distribution?

What is a penetration testing distribution?
As legend tells it, years ago there was a penetration test in an isolated environment where the assessment team was not able to bring in any computers or have network access in or out of the target environment. In order to do the work, the first penetration testing distribution was born. It was a bootable Live CD configured with various tools needed to do the work, and after the assessment was completed the Live CD was shared online and became very popular.

##Kali Linux History:

I may not have been technically correct at all, but that doesn’t change the argument, it has a specific purpose and is not meant to be used as an everyday operating system, calling it bloatware is silly.
Go ahead, keep behaving like an arrogant.

I don’t care for “privacy focused” derivatives either (LineageOS works fine enough for me), but the whole point of the Four Freedoms of free software is that users have the right to modify and distribute it. In free software, forks are a feature, not a bug.

Things seem to have gone off the title topic a bit.

I see issues from 2 or 3 years ago and the tickets aren’t marked as closed so they may have responded but not with a fix

I never opposed an open source philosophy.
The only thing am not agree with is a naming of the certain custom builds like Lineage"OS" or Divest"OS", because the underlying OS is still Android OS.
I’m a former CyanogenMod user, Lineage “OS” is a fork, it’s fine, but to call it an Operating System, isn’t right, in my opinion.
No one calls Linux’s or BSD’s flavors somethingOS it is Debian or Arch or even Fedora(RedHat), with one little exception of CentOS because it’s Red Hat is an exception anyway.
You can build your very own Kernel, and call it whatever your like OS, otherwise name it without an “OS” in it.

@Fermion

naming

Now belaboring the obvious and insignificant…

Everyone is entitled to their opinion…but a little market research,

AliOS, CalyxOS, ColorOS, CopperheadOS, Emteria.OS, Fire OS, Funtouch OS, Flyme OS, GrapheneOS, Indus OS, LeWa OS, LineageOS, OriginOS, OxygenOS, Resurrection Remix OS, Smartisan OS,

or 16 of about 31 “notable” custom Android distributions listed on Wikipedia disagree, FWIW. (careless, quick count) Feel free to go convince those developers…

@Moz

I see issues from 2 or 3 years ago and the tickets aren’t marked as closed so they may have responded but not with a fix

Odd, I see 3 of 4 are closed. The open one “needs information” so will probably be closed if there isn’t follow up.

This closed one may be of particular interest because it discusses Adjust and Leanplum in mobile Tor Browser, which are listed in the OP. Except it was for “Orfox.”

I didn’t doubt that.
While 16 out of 20 Homosapiens jumping from the roof of the Empire State Building,
I prefer to find myself among the four remaining, discussing our bright future.

Off topic again. No idea how to stop this.