Auto update without root

Hi All, I’m using /e/os from e os fundation, which a fork of Lineage OS and aim to keep me out from Grooogle spy. It works well fluid and well designed. The main brain is the old mandrake/mandriva developer chief and it requires not so many tech competencies as in the other ROMs.

ROM is up to date with latest Android and security patches.

For app I’m using their Fdroid + e os app store + Aurora. Unfortunately for daily life I have to use some apps and mix stores.

Do you have any experiences with E OS? Privacy looks OK but safety/security? Is there a way to check about security’s bugs or backdoor?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Below is a link to a previous, critical summary by a different developer. DivestOS also comes with F-Droid privileged extension for auto updates without root. With only the part of microg needed for location. If you “need” proprietary apps and google services (full microg), then you should just install LineageOS with gapps, and stop fooling yourself about being degoogled. Then there’s the fact that the “main brain” chief of E os was caught using sockpuppets to manipulate Wikipedia, while criticizing others for using pseudonyms…

Reading Android: F-Droid Classic and the new Privileged Extension | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community I could use F-Droid Classic and that modified Priviledge Ext without root, just by setting up via ADB, installed from their repo: Marcus / F-Droid Classic · GitLab

FYI how to uninstall: adb shell am start -n eu.bubu1.privext/org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ui.UnregisterDialog and confirm the dialog that opens on the device.

F-Droid Basic can do, on Android 12 and later, unattended updates of installed apps (of itself) already, fyi

Soon that will come to F-Droid too. :wink:

3 Likes

Unattended ones already there from 1.19.X now for F-Droid. :slight_smile:

2 Likes