Why ungoogled chromium is not updating automatically?

Hello,
I have added repository following official instruction, but when new version is out, f-droid don’t show new version, and not installs automatically (with privileged extension).
So, is there any way to enable auto updates for ungoogled chromium?!

F-Droid, by default, doesn’t notify of updates for unstable releases. The repository you added isn’t marking the new version as stable. I don’t know if that is intended or not, you will have to ask the ungoogled-chromium team.

In F-Droid settings, when enabling Expert mode, you can enable “Unstable updates” but it will affect all apps, not just Ungoogled Chromium, so that may not be what you want either.

1 Like

Thank you for the anwser!
But why ungoogled chromium cannot be added to f-droid?

Who knows, it may be possible to add it. The thing is…

Nobody tried to add it: Issues · F-Droid / Data · GitLab
And nobody ever asked for it: Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab

it may be possible to add it

I though the issue with Chromium on F-Droid is that it has an absurd amount of dependencies to compile and would be a laborious build script to craft.

My computer can compile Fenix in ~25 minutes each, yet Chromium takes well over 90.
F-Droid build server takes six hours to compile both Fennec F-Droid variants if I read the build logs correctly.

Even the Chromium source download itself is 60+ GB.

Related: Submission for Bromite (#378) · Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.