Whatsapp on pc query

Not strictly a F-Droid query so not sure where to post this. Having removed my sim from my motorola G7 to move to my new oneplus phone using 17.1 I found out that so long as my G7 is connected to wifi whatsapp still works on my pc. So the question is. If I continue to use it solely on my pc will it still track things in the same way as it would on a normal android phone? Thanks for your input.

Forgive me, but this is IMHO the totally wrong place for this question. WA is not only open source. This is not about F-Droid or even only FOSS apps at all. I’d strongly suggest to ask this in a different, more suited place – like some general Android forum.

Apart from that, with WA being closed source, how shall anyone but their programmers be able to tell? Best that could be given are assumptions: yes, it will track you (what do you expect from an app that Zucks?). It might obtain different data from a not actively used phone, but it will still continue collecting as much data about you as it can and send it to the “mothership” (that’s the main feature of the entire empire: it’s about marketing you for profit).

You are right. Thank you for explaining. I will search for another forum to post this question.

1 Like

Best look! Should you need a starting point: here’s a list of Android forums with a short explanation what each focuses on. Not sure how up-to-date it still is, but better than nothing for sure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you Izzy. I am very happy to have found this website and am also a sponsor and hope to increase my sponsorship very soon.

1 Like