Update delay between web site and app?

Hi,

I’ve just checked in the app on my SmartPhone for new updates … app returns I’m up to date.
I go to the web site and discover that one of my installed apps has a new version, see WiFiAnalyzer | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository where Version 2.0.3 (44) is available since today but in the app I only see version 2.0.2 when performing a search (and of course not update is available / proposed).

Why is there a delay, does it mean Website and app are not pointing the same “repository”?

1 Like

Actually it’s the other way around, website is updated later.

I already updated that app, care to retry to pull to refresh the repos?

You search you list from the app, but if the list was not updated you’ll not get the latest view, right?

Update…retry…report…

Ok but it was not my experience despite refeshing F-droid index => no update was proposed and opening the app page in F-Droid shows only the “old app version”.
Finally, I have uninstalled WifiAnalyzer app, performed a search in F-Droid, opened the app page and installed the new / last version (at last available) to fix this.

Other question: I find very surprising to display installed version number of the app when performing a search in F-Droid. I suggest either to remove the version (maybe only to display “installed”) or better to show a text like “up to date” or “can be updated” depending of current app version in the repo versus version installed.
What do you think?

There’s a whole discussion where others want versions numbers everywhere, you can’t please everyone. :slight_smile:

Ok so we need to give a context to user by adding a label in front of the version to distinguish what we are talking about.

So in the search results, we should display “Version currently installed:” Should I open a new issue here Issues · F-Droid / Client · GitLab?

Add your voice to: Version number of installed app should be displayed in app page (#1571) · Issues · F-Droid / Client · GitLab

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.