TWO ERROR IN OANDBACKUP v.0.3.5 Universal (Oab utils & Super user permissions)

Dear All:

1. I installed the latest suggested oandbackup, and it displays the following two error messages when opening the application:
  • Could not find oab-utils - running in legacy mode.
    And then.
  • It was not possible to obtain super user- permissions.
  1. I looked for this topic in the forum, and I have found a very technical answer and discussions on this problem in the the thread
    Oandbackup build for ARMv8-A
    (ARMv8-A, ARMv7-A, copyAsset(context, OAB_UTILS, OAB_UTILS);, final String assetPath = new File(getAbi(), OAB_UTILS).toString();copyAsset(context, assetPath, OAB_UTILS);, x86 & armv7 and so on …

2. Question: Does anyone know what this error means and how can I solve it?. I have a lot of F-Droid apps installed on my mobile phone (S-8, Android v.9) without problems and I don’t know how an app shows this problem as soon as I open it for the first time. I´m a general user level and the discussion thread of this problem surpasses me.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Javier.

How did you get ROOT access on this device? Magisk?

Dear Licaon:
I haven´t tried access to ROOT. This two error messages appears automatically when I open the app:

• First of all the first message concerning to oab-utils.
  • And after that, when I pick Accept it appears the second one concerning to the super-user permissión.
    Regards.

The app NEEDS root access, if you don’t have it it won’t work.

Licaon.
Thanks for your quick answer. I now have seen the information about the app needs root access (I´m sorry!!!).
then:
1st. I never have made a root access. Do you know some guideline document for user level (no expertise) in this field?.
2nd. For security reasons. I would like to backup previoussly my device. Do you know a Backup app to made this without root access?.
Thanks in advance for your usefull support.
Javier.

See the XDA forum section for your device

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.