I must have tried the instructions here https://f-droid.org/en/docs/Setup_an_F-Droid_App_Repo/
a dozen times, but always fail when trying to verify within the actual App. No apks ever show up.
The main frustration is when you get to the point: “Voila! Now you have a working F-Droid Repo!” This seems to assume I know something when I don’t. If it’s working, then what exactly can I do within the Android F-Droid APK to see it? Is there a way to verify within my browser? If there are more things I need to do to actually have it happen then what exactly are they?
Note: After failing to verify the “Local Demo” many times, I went ahead and tried my hand at a real world setup in large variety of ways.
- I tried setting up something out of my Dropbox folder. Configuring config.py accordingly.
- I tried using the GitHub approach as instructed.
- I tried following the instructions for the “repomaker” (https://f-droid.org/en/tutorials/create-repo/).
- I tried setting up a new AWS EC2 Instance and running the steps in there.
- I tried messing around in config.py to the best of my limited ability.
But in the end the result was always the same: whatever http address I fed to F-Droid simply did not result in any APKs showing up. No error message. Just nothing. (Note: I never entered in anything in the Signature field…does that matter?)
Anyway, I am completely out of ideas as to what to try next except complain here. Sorry.