Tip for Fennec Mobile and IceCat Mobile

Good afternoon:

First of all, thank you for your time and help.

And a thousand thanks to the developers of Fennec Mobile and IceCat Mobile for these great applications.

I wanted to make a suggestion, if I may, to help improve these apps.

My suggestion would be to change, in the next updates of these apps, some of the default search engines like wikipedia or Twitter. And change it to Startpage or Qwant.

Especially this last one to improve the privacy in our searches and other things. Since it is catalogued as the search engine that saves less things and uses ours.

I hope you will take my suggestion into consideration. For that I thank you in advance.

Receive a warm hug and thank you for your time

I’m not sure that the developers of these apps are reading the forum. If you have an app suggestion, I recommend going to the source page for that app and making an issue/feature request.

I speak as one who has made several apps, but this is my first time to the forum. So it may be the same for other app makers.
Warm fuzzy feelings. :grinning:

just one short question
Who is the author/developer of Fennec Mobile, and who upload app on F-Droid?
Mozilla Foundation ?

Of that, I’m not sure. If you look at the app you want on F-Droid, there is a “links” section, which will take you to their bug tracker, website, and source code.

You can use those for any app here to try to contact those that own/ upload the app.
:grinning:

Yes the original authors are Mozilla, but some F-Droid users/staff are responsible for Fennec.

They point to the official Mozilla Bugzilla. They won’t change any default search provider upstream. I could not find either any responsible person for Fennec or an official source repository or issue tracker for Fennec so far.

Good afternoon:

Thank you very much for your help.

I found Mobile/Notes - MozillaWiki and Summer of Code project suggestions for GNU or bug-gnuzilla Info Page for Icecat mobile.

I don’t know if @alaskalinuxuser or @Licaon_Kter or @alaskalinuxuser or @epinez could help us to find a way to contact the developer?

A hug and thanks for your help and time

You want us to do what? What change?

Don’t get me wrong @Licaon_Kter , I was just referring to this:

and I stated that this is nothing the original upstream developers from Mozilla would change.

If I understand it correctly, the aim of Fennec is “only” to deliver a build which is free from proprietary dependencies/other stuff, isn’t it? Otherwise I would also have a small improvement idea for reducing anti features. But I understand you have more important this to do and Fennec has an uncertain future because of Fenix as well.

Good afternoon @Licaon_Kter

I wanted to make a suggestion to the developers or developers of Fennec Mobile and Icecat Mobile.

To know if we could add or change the search engines.

As @epinez says

A hug and thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.