Problem with Kontalk app description

When Kontalk 4.3.0 was offered in F-Droid (I use 1.7.1 version) it showed something in German in the general update description, and when entered in the update details the description was shown in Greek.

Today I see Kontalk 4.3.1 with "“Unknown application” in the update description.When I enter in the update details it shows nothing.

I have a similar backup phone (whit Replicant 6.0 also) and hadn’t update neither Kontalk nor F-Droid (v1.7). Refreshed repositories, and F-Droid 1.7.1 update and “Unknown application with no description” Kontalk 4.3.0 were offered. Updated F-Droid to 1.7.1 and after a second repositories refresh “Unknown application with no description” Kontalk 4.3.1 was offered.

I’m a little bit paranoid about security and I don’t know if it’s just a minor F-Droid app problem or it’s a problem in my phone (I use Replicant 6.0).

Thanks in advance.

Seeing the same, eg. Kontalk Messenger | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Given that the metadata doesn’t have this info (metadata/org.kontalk.yml · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab) and that the actual repo doesn’t have Fastlane info (GitHub - kontalk/androidclient: Kontalk official Android client) this is expected.

Thanks a lot, Licaon_Kter.

F-Droid app does not shown any description when, in Settings → Expert mode, I uncheck “Force old index format”. When checked I saw those funny descriptions.

Anyway, installed the update for Kontalk and it seems to work fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.