OsmAnd~ updates

Does anyone know if OsmAnd builds on fdroid are still being maintained or are there issues with that? The last OsmAnd release from September wasn’t released on fdroid until November, and releases since then haven’t appeared.

Osmand’s build process changes frequently, so can’t auto update. But someone just submitted a MR: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/-/merge_requests/10256/diffs

1 Like

Osmand was a bit odd in how it showed up in F-Droid. Awhile back I was running v3.9.10. That was the last version shown when checking for updates (iow no updates available). However, when going to the entry itself I saw that there was some version 4s. Chose the latest one and it installed fine (so it wasn’t a signature change issue/reason). After that any new version 4 builds would show up as updates.
Latest version on F-Droid is 4.0.9, November 6 2021. Latest at the Osmand site is 4.1. As you (should) know, F-Droid builds things themselves so releases are usually delayed compared to their upstream.

Version 4.1.9 was just built on this morning’s build cycle:

I imagine it will show up as an update in the F-Droid app just in time for Christmas.