OpenBoard Confusion

I have seen three different versions of OpenBoard, and now I am confused which one to use. Can anyone please help me to find difference between these?

Version 1:-
Source: F-Droid
Version: 1.4.2
Release Date: 8/11/2021
Size; 40.2 MB

Version 2:-
Source: Google Play
Release Date: 2/10/2021
Size: 14 MB (approx.)

Version 3:-
Source: Github
Release Date: 2/10/2021
Size: 40.2 MB

GPlay version is also ~40MB. There’s no difference between them, except that Gplay and Github version are built by the developer.
Use F-Droid version, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think what you mean is that the versions are different. The one on Github is the most updated as the developer built it themselves and uploaded instantly, while for F-Droid, it has to be built by the F-Droid server and takes time and I don’t know much about the Play Store. As @Morgoth said, the F-Dorid version isn’t built by the developer, the signing keys are different and cannot be interchanged, means you cannot update on top of another version without the same source (Github and Play Store the same).

Nevertheless, I do recommend using the F-Droid version as it is signed and checked so that it is built from source despite the fact that it’s slower.

2 Likes

Thank you. Sorry for late reply. I like the F-Droid version and Now I am using that to type this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.