Mail account information a requirement for agenda apps

Please forgive me my ignorance.
Why do apps like Etar (and Replicant Agenda) require me to hand over information about my email account, including a certificate?

Thanks in advance.

You didn’t search the app Issues page?

You might have found this: Why do I have to sign in to use this calendar? · Issue #335 · Etar-Group/Etar-Calendar · GitHub explaining why and how to bypass that.

@jspricke just FYI as I heard you talking about exactly this issue at the congress.

Thanks @Licaon_Kter

I’ve installed the offline-calendar app and created a calendar. I can use it in Agenda and in Etar.

Now I want to import an .ics file with my data in it.

So I installed Calendar Import-Export, which allows me to click on “Import file” and then nothing happens.

I did search the app issues page [1] and didn’t find it.

When I start Calendar Import-Export I can choose between import file and import url.

When I click on Import file, then another option shows: “Load”.

When I click on “load” I get the pop-up that says “Error. Error: lock == null”

[1] GitHub - SufficientlySecure/calendar-import-export: Import/export your Android calendars as ics files without using the Google cloud

Solved :slight_smile:

Tried the same again, then it automatically searched the system for a calendar file. Clicked on “load” and all events were added to the earlier made calendar.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.