Jozef Behr : Which is the best language to create a simple APP?

i want to create a simple app, which language i should use to create .please suggest me .

Which language do you know?

2 Likes

Yes. Unless there is a programming language that you really want to learn, the best programming language to use is the one that you already know.

Whats the app going to do, what are you going to run it on, android, apple, web, desktop etc.

IMHO It really depends on the project you’d like to build and on where you’re coming from. Sometimes it’s easier to learn a new language for a specific project, other times it makes more sense to go with something you already know.

Since you asked in this forum, I’m going to assume you want to build and Android app.

• So if you want to write a normal Android app. That looks and feels “normal” you probably want to use the official Android SDK with Java or Kotlin. Almost all mature Android apps use at least little bit of Kotlin or Java, because that’s the only way to integrate well with Android, even if most of an app is written in another language. This is also what Google officially supports, so there are lots of tutorials and documentation about Android app development in Java or Kotlin on the internet.
  • If you’re interested in writing code that works on both Android and iOS, you might want to look at flutter, which uses a programming language called dart.
  • There are also some frameworks based on web development stacks (JavaScript+HTML, etc.). Most of them are pretty bad, but I’ve heard React Native works fine for small or simple apps. They usually support publishing for both iOS and Android.
  • (There’s also xamarin if you’re familiar with C#, however I guess that’s a bad choice because it’s proprietary and apps built with it are not allowed in F-Droid)
  • If you want to build a game you probably should to use a game engine. They usually come with their own language, but might also support more than one language. Godot is the only big game engine I’m aware of which eligible for publishing to F-Droid.

The more programming languages you’ve mastered, the easier it’ll become to learn new ones. e.g. If you just want to build a fun project for Android I’d go for Kotlin, Java or maybe Flutter. That’s what most apps on F-Droid use.

1 Like

I have knowledge of Java …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.