I am new here and need sum infos

Hey guys. I just heard about the F-Droid Store.

If I want to push my app in this store - then how should I start with it?
Like can u do for me a quick lil summary and an instruction. Would be very much appreciated.
U can also attach helpful links if u want! :smiley:
Thanks in advance!

Wish u a good week and stay safe!

2 Likes

Where is the source code hosted? Link?

You night start here: Submitting to F-Droid Quick Start Guide | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository but the Docs section has a lot of info

1 Like

@Licaon_Kter
Hey thanks for the reply

Actually its already released on appstore huawei and playstore

i hav the apk of it and i hav to unzip and post it on github?

witht that repository i can push it for review, no?

as u can see i am a bloody starter lmao but rly appreciating ur help!!

1 Like

Source code is needed, not only APKs, F-Droid needs to build the app from that source code and its fully open source dependencies

Yes, you can use Github, Gitlab, Codeberg or your own hosted git instance.

1 Like

and where exactly needs it to be pushed?

1 Like

You out the app source code where you want, we’ll use that repo th pull the source and build the app.
You push updates there, etc

1 Like

okey thanks for those helpful informations. i will get to you when i got the source code

@Licaon_Kter Hey

So i need to invite u to our gitlab, there I need to invite u over mail.
We want to make sure to keep the source private and also not to maintain it also over github.

where can i find the official mail to invite the contributor to our gitlab ?

Nope, F-Droid builds only free and open-source apps, all the code needs to be available, no secret repos, no missing source code, no non-free dependencies.

Eg. F-Droid | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository see below

Version 1.14-alpha0 (1014000) - Added on 2021-09-01
This version requires Android 5.1 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.

Download APK 7.9 MiB PGP Signature | Build Log

If you can’t provide that, you can still build your app locally with fdroidserver and host an F-Droid repository that users can add to their F-Droid client. But… we can’t add your app to the main F-Droid repo.

Eg. Add the NewPipe repository to F-Droid or https://metatransapps.com/fdroid/repo/

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.