and dont know how to add links
for example
here is app with links
Imgur

and here is app without links
Imgur

so how to add?
thanks.

Here: Build Metadata Reference | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

You add links for those keywords

but how?
i didnt understand

Look at this metadata example: metadata/eu.faircode.email.yml · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

What do you want to do exactly?

1 Like

add mail, website link, and other links
and change the summary and the description and the authour name

it is my gitlab
where to put the yml file and how to do all this
im new in the system and dont know nothing
https://gitlab.com/matanel325/mydiary-f-droid/tree/master/

Link is invalid…

Again, explain…what do you want exactly?

Try in your native language…

write gitlab.com and after writhe this /matanel325/mydiary-f-droid

I want to set links in the app page

can you celp?
i dont know nothing about it and its hard for me
there is tutorial or something?

2 thoughts…

If you want to host your own app on your own repo… you need to setup metadata before publish. Read that link.

But, if you want your app in the main F-Droid repo (to appear here: https://f-droid.org ) then you need to provide the source code of the application, so F-Droid can build it. You can’t just provide an APK.

there are no link in the first

and i treid to upload to the main my apk but it failed…
what to do?

Can you make a guide video for it? Guide how to upload and set…
All the steps from repo till the apk file

I case of direct/straight MRs, what type (.txt versus .yml) do you prefer for metadata/app.id.??? in /fdroiddata, and which one is most suitable for “metadata(s)” directory metadata/app.id, screenshots & others ?

Also can you describe example instructions (from CONTRIBUTING.md · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab ) for both :

• “(Congratulations! )You can now open a merge request to add your app.”
  • …
  • “Squash your commits”

(help welcome)

@Licaon_Kter New app:G-Droid (!3906) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab ?(?)

What’s the question?

Thanks to F-Droid sub-design, I have a lite basic guide/doc ready, for debian9 (and thus ubuntu or qubes) till a fdroid build -v -l app.id successfull.
I noticed mixed *.txt & *.yml :

I case of direct/straight MRs, what type (.txt versus .yml) do you (the maintainers) prefer for metadata/app.id.??? in /fdroiddata, and which one is most suitable for “metadata(s)” directory metadata/app.id, screenshots & others ?

Also I never myself had to squash commits once, and don’t want to waste maintainers’ time with failing MRs: links or example of instructions welcome.

YAML is the newer format. fdroid import generates YAML already.

Squash is just a checkbox in the MR options :wink:

ok for yml

@Licaon_Kter (after an fdroid build -v -l app.id successful), If i follow squash link or squash commits - Google Zoeken : (in my local /fdroiddata) do I have to

• git rebase -i master ?
  • git push -f ?

or something else ?

umm…not sure

When using git I like to branch and push 1 single commit, the one with all the changes (no matter what I did locally in my test branches)

When using the web UI, I fork, new file metadata/id.yml, paste content of my local file, edit branch name, start a MR

I usually just use the web UI for the MR part, I can always clean up locally :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.