Fdroidservertools on Windows 7

Hi,
I’m trying to use the fdroidservertools on Windows7 but I have problems to run fdroid update successfully. My Attempts so far:

1. Using Docker Executable Image with Docker Toolbox
    • Need to configure shared folder repo in VirtualBox if it is not under “C:\Users”, see http://support.divio.com/local-development/docker/how-to-use-a-directory-outside-cusers-with-docker-toolbox-on-windows for instructions
    • Enable symllinks for docker-machine in VirtualBox otherwise you get OSError: [Errno 30] Read Only Filesystem error:
      C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox>VBoxManage.exe setextradata default VBoxInternal2/SharedFoldersEnableSymlinksCreate/<NAME OF SHARED FOLDER> 1
    • OSError: [Errno 71] Protocol error while creating symlink. Seems to be a VirtualBox Bug which could be solved by running docker as admin. I can’t run anything as admin on my development machine. Therefore next Attempt.
  2. Installing fdroid via pip3
    • Create virtualenv and activate it in git-Bash
    • pip3 install fdroidserver
    • run fdroid update leads to CRITICAL: Java JDK not found! Install in standard location or set java_paths! but JAVA_HOME is set and I also set java_paths in config.
        java_paths = {
            '8': "/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_31/",
        }

I assume there is some problem with how I set the path to the java sdk. But besides that I have no clue.

Does anyone has any hints or suggestions I could try? Or is someone using fdroid on Windows7 and knows how to install and configure it properly?

Thanks a lot,
Sven

The server tools are calling out to linux-commandline tools all over the place. I think there might be support for WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) but certainly no native Windows support.

I recommend you get a virtualbox VM with Ubuntu and try it there.

We welcome porting work for getting fdroidserver running on Windows. With luck, it’ll be only a matter of fixing some errors in the path handling. Currently, the supported way to run fdroidserver on Windows is using Windows Subsystem for Linux, which I guess requires Windows 10.

My guess is that it would be easier if you use Cygwin, but my Windows knowledge is quite old. Also, I think getting it working will be easier if you also install androguard and use froidserver v1.0.2 or newer, e.g. pip3 install androguard fdroidserver

There isn’t any Windows paths in the Java detection routines, but setting the JAVA_HOME en var should work. You can see where the Java path is detected in the code here:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.