Fdroid CI seems to ignore java apt install in yml

Hello all! Thank you all for the awesome app store!

I recently upgraded the Gradle plugin on one of my apps (GitHub - penguin86/nextcloud-maps-client: Manage Nextcloud Maps Geobookmarks on your Android phone) to version 7.1.2 and the Fdroid CI started to fail due to Java 11 requirement.
I can see the Java 11 apt install was automatically added to my yml file: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/-/blob/master/metadata/it.danieleverducci.nextcloudmaps.yml
BTW, it seems not being executed: log: it.danieleverducci.nextcloudmaps:7 - F-Droid Monitor
Shouldn’t I see the apt output in the build log?
Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Thank you a lot!

I think you have to wait for the next build run.
The metadata yaml was changed just yesterday, but the failed build seems to be from two days ago.

Yup, what @pstorch said.

If you look at running - F-Droid Monitor, you can see it state

fdroiddata version

fdroiddata@acd7b368

If we look at the metadata for Nextcloudmaps on that commit, the Java 11 stuff isn’t there yet: metadata/it.danieleverducci.nextcloudmaps.yml · acd7b368b6fdcb465b2dd6e2111bf5357fe10ca3 · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

So the build will be retried in the next build cycle with Java 11 :slight_smile:

I can see the Java 11 apt install was automatically added to my yml file

Just as a little sidenote, not automatically, it was added by @linsui in misc fixes (ee5b8a07) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab. But they are so amazingly quick at making these build fixes I do sometimes wonder if they’re not a robot too :wink:

3 Likes

The build has now succeeded :tada:

Wow I’m sorry, I really didn’t pay attention to the build date :man_facepalming:
Also, I didn’t realize the yml update wasn’t automatic! Thanks a lot @linsui !!!

And thank you all for the support ^^

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.