Fdroid app crashed, and now cannot be reinstalled

I’ve been using fdroid for a while, but am not a proficient user or developer (can chase bugs though). Today I wanted to search for a feed reader, but the moment I opened fdroid, it crashed (sent off traceback to Fdroid HQ, as requested). Nothing I did got me past that point so I uninstalled the app. Trying to reinstall the current version or an older version also failed. I get “This is an older version…” click to proceed, Installation starts, and ends with “not installed” screen
(Samsung Browser with permission to install apks).

I am using a Huawei P10 phone with EMUI based on Android 9, an am slowly getting the impression I need to buy a new phone (apps or functions of apps failing). Any idea what to do, to find out what is wrong? I have unlocked developer options on the phone a while ago, but I don’t actually know what I am doing, so kept my fingers off (except for changing usb settings to route sound via usb instead via broken headphone jack).
Thank you for any ideas on how to proceed.

Do you use “work profiles” by any chance?

Try to get the latest APK and install it: https://f-droid.org/repo/org.fdroid.fdroid_1016051.apk

Post pics of the errors

Thank you, @Licaon_Kter :bouquet:. That worked like a charm. I had looked for a more recent version than the one offered on the start page, but obviously failed.
I don’t use profiles.

For documentation purposes, here’s the error that set the whole problem off:

org.fdroid.fdroid: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Reached code that wa

DISPLAY=0.currentSizeRange.smallest=[1080,1008]
0.currentSizeRange.largest=[1793,1720]
0.flags=FLAG_SUPPORTS_PROTECTED_BUFFERS+FLAG_SECURE
0.height=1792
0.metrics.density=3.0
0.metrics.densityDpi=480
0.metrics.scaledDensity=x3.0
0.metrics.widthPixels=1080
0.metrics.heightPixels=1792
0.metrics.xdpi=‪428.625‬
0.metrics.ydpi=‪431.575‬
0.name=Integrierter Bildschirm
0.orientation=0
0.pixelFormat=1
0.realMetrics.density=3.0
0.realMetrics.densityDpi=480
0.realMetrics.scaledDensity=x3.0
0.realMetrics.widthPixels=1080
0.realMetrics.heightPixels=1920
0.realMetrics.xdpi=‪428.625‬
0.realMetrics.ydpi=‪431.575‬
0.realSize=[1080,1920]
0.rectSize=[0,0,1080,1792]
0.refreshRate=‪60.000004‬
0.rotation=ROTATION_0
0.size=[1080,1792]
0.width=1080
0.isValid=true
PRODUCT=VTR-L09
PACKAGE_NAME=org.fdroid.fdroid
TOTAL_MEM_SIZE=‪56545492992‬
APP_VERSION_NAME=1.15.2
PHONE_MODEL=VTR-L09
STACK_TRACE_HASH=19668f87
USER_COMMENT=null
AVAILABLE_MEM_SIZE=‪18559520768‬
ANDROID_VERSION=9
BRAND=HUAWEI
CUSTOM_DATA=
STACK_TRACE=java.lang.IllegalStateException: Reached code that was thought to be unreachable.
at org.fdroid.download.MirrorChooserImpl.mirrorRequest$suspendImpl(MirrorChooser.kt:52)
at org.fdroid.download.MirrorChooserImpl$mirrorRequest$1.invokeSuspend(Unknown Source:12)
at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:33)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.resumeRootWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:141)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.access\resumeRootWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:14)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun\continuation\1.resumeWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:58)
at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:46)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.resumeRootWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:141)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.access\resumeRootWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:14)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun\continuation\1.resumeWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:58)
at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:46)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.resumeRootWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:138)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.loop(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:112)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun.access\loop(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:14)
at io.ktor.util.pipeline.SuspendFunctionGun\continuation\1.resumeWith(SuspendFunctionGun.kt:62)
at kotlinx.coroutines.DispatchedTask.run(DispatchedTask.kt:106)
at kotlinx.coroutines.EventLoopImplBase.processNextEvent(EventLoop.common.kt:279)
at kotlinx.coroutines.BlockingCoroutine.joinBlocking(Builders.kt:85)
at kotlinx.coroutines.BuildersKt__BuildersKt.runBlocking(Builders.kt:59)
at kotlinx.coroutines.BuildersKt.runBlocking(Unknown Source:1)
at kotlinx.coroutines.BuildersKt__BuildersKt.runBlocking$default(Builders.kt:38)
at kotlinx.coroutines.BuildersKt.runBlocking$default(Unknown Source:1)
at org.fdroid.download.HttpDownloader.download(HttpDownloader.kt:104)
at org.fdroid.fdroid.net.DownloaderService.handleIntent(DownloaderService.java:263)
at org.fdroid.fdroid.net.DownloaderService.access\000(DownloaderService.java:96)
at org.fdroid.fdroid.net.DownloaderService\ServiceHandler.handleMessage(DownloaderService.java:141)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:112)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:216)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)

Reached code that was thought to be unreachable

Known old issue that was fixed afaik

I missed an update or two, it seems… * oops*

My device is not allowing update or anything installed from the f-droid store I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing either installed a couple years ago advise by someone on Reddit! Keeps saying failed port 127.0.0.1 port 9050(41058) should I just uninstall and let Google have their way? I allowed the proxy & hit the link you provided for the other person and it allowed me to update I hope

Settings, Use Tor, toggle off, retry

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.