F-Droid search filtering algorithm falters

I have realized that F-Droid 1.10-alpha0 has problems with search results. I tried several search queries, and the results rarely had any association with what I entered. The affected searches, “launcher” “file” “edit” “droid” and “keyboard” all show some unrelated apps in the top results.
Enclosed is a link to screen shots of the bad filtering.

Looks like the client will search in summaries first. If I search ‘F-Droid’ the F-Droid client is the tenth result.

Yes, it will get better soon iirc.

There’s a pending Merge Request to make search a lot better here: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/-/merge_requests/889

Unfortunately it has been rejected so far :(.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.